march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on September 14, 2012
The book is written in a very propagandistic manner, and the biggest disappointment comes when you check the references. I only verified 3 of them, and all are inaccurate. The claims made in the book are not in agreement with the references the author uses for these claims. It almost sound absurd, but this is the case…
on November 22, 2015
This book is really a waste of money. Everything inside is quite an exaggeration. The semantic is boring. The tables are redundant. The data are outdated.
on September 30, 2015
Total Fraud! Read into the science. Don't waste your time
on July 19, 2015
This book does not answer the question of health.
It answers the question of how limited data can lead
to limited conclusions. Better to stick to a more wholesome
look at food like precisionnutrition.com
on October 13, 2013
I was wheat free for several years in a quest to fix migraines. I did eat other grains like pure rye, oats, barley, rice etc.and did in fact lose a LOT of weight as a desirable side effect. I hoped to try this again for the weight loss part and because wheat is in so many undesirable foods. If you cut out JUST WHEAT ipso facto you will lose weight. No sweet baked goods, just for a start. This book is a bait and switch. The author says "wheat is bad" all through the book with various spurious scientific support, but then in the last chapter outlines a wildly restricted, no carbs at all of any kind, high fat, meat based diet. Atkins, which will cause you to lose weight all right but I could have bought Atkins for that. Truly misleading and disgracefully deceitful premise.
on March 3, 2016
This diet made my ulcerative colitis flare up (that was about two years ago). So it's not necessarily a good diet for people with IBD. I was finally able to heal through a whole foods plant based diet.
on August 4, 2015
I guess I should have read more of the description, it's just another no carb book but I thought it was a just cut out the wheat/bread book which would have been easy!
on March 10, 2013
The book was well written in the beginning, but I lost interest with all his studies and what seemed like far fetched claim and miracle cures. I don't believe that wheat is the cause of all illnesses/diseases. What about sugar (in lot of his recipes), preservatives, salt, fat? I agree that it is almost impossible to find wheat free products nowadays. I started a wheat free diet on Saturday to see if it makes any difference. I've been doing lot of "from scratch" cooking and pretty much eating meat, fish, veggies and fruit to avoid gluten/wheat/corn, etc. I was surprised to find wheat in mayo or vegetable stock. I am not sure why he discourages from eating bulgur, quinoa, but encourages artificial sweeteners. It seems like an extreme Atkins diet...
on November 14, 2015
Eat a whole foods plant based diet if you want to be healthy. I eat plenty of complex carbs and weigh 108 lbs...just like in my 20's. Always some gimmick diet to scam people.
on July 3, 2013
Newly packaged,redundant information. Could have been an information pamphlet instead of a book.A few recipes were its only saving grace.