march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on July 28, 2014
A very informative book about how wheat has evolved and possibly makes us all fat. I guess in order to get through to as many people as possible (or make the book longer) I found the author really explains things out in detail. This makes it a slow read and I think the book could be condensed and still have all the same information. I'm glad I read it and I'll look at wheat in a different way now but most people still believe that whole wheat bread is very healthy and look at me funny when I try to explain that it's not.
on December 31, 2013
I have read MOST of this book. I thought this would be a good food plan but I realize that after eating the way I have for 78 years, I would find it hard to change. I am not more than 20 pounds overweight and so I believe I'm not doing too bad
on April 1, 2014
The author obviously has a thing against all wheat products, yet according to nutritionist and physiologist friends who have read this book after I did, the author doesn't use a lot of hard scientific research to back up his claims. The recipes he offers for wheatless meals are not bad though so I am giving it 3 stars instead of 2. If you have Coeliac disease this book may be useful to you.
on July 20, 2013
I FOUND THIS BOOK SOMEWHAT PREACHY. GLUTEN CAN HAVE HARMFUL SIDE EFFECTS IN CERTAIN PEOPLE, BUT TOTALLY REMOVING IT FROM YOUR LIFE, THOUGH DOABLE, REMOVES SOME PLEASURE THAT ONE CAN GET FROM EATING SUCH FOODS. I LIKE A BAGEL IN THE MORNING...I EAT LITTLE OTHER BREAD, AND NO PASTRIES. I TRIED WHEAT-FREE BAGELS AND BREADS, AND FRANKLY, THEY ARE AWFUL....AND OFFAL!

THE INFORMATION IN THE BOOK IS USEFUL, AND WILL ENCOURAGE THE REDUCTION OF WHEAT-BASED FOODS. IN THAT RESPECT IT IS GOOD. THAT SAID...I'M NOT FOLLOWING ALL THE RECOMMENDATIONS IT MAKES.
on September 11, 2013
You can read most of this on the internet. It's mostly about stats and history of gluten- yawn. I was hoping it would be more like a "Easy Way to Quit Smoking" where it would be more of a motivator and make me feel like I have nothing to lose and everything to gain! (except weight, of course.)
on August 18, 2014
The whole wheat story makes sense to me. The downsides: unlimited usage of dairy products, especially cheese, and also using microwave for making food. If you go gluten free, you would limit your dairy intake to minimum, and most certainly not use the microwave for cooking!!
on January 30, 2014
An interesting approach to losing weight and cleansing the body. Way too restrictive for older people who have never cooked like this before but ideas on wheat and its effects were thought provoking and have changed my views on what I eat in that department.
on July 12, 2013
This has some good advise but some very contraversial issues . Appropriate for someone allergic to wheats perhaps but hard to accept for a person that has been raised to eat whole wheat etc
on May 9, 2013
Seems a little technical for the lay-person, but other professionals probably think he`s a bit long-winded. I agree with a lot of what he says, but not all of it.
on January 18, 2012
I had heard the interview given by Dr. Davis on the CBC and was curious about the book. It is interesting, and I find that what industry has done to 'wheat' horrifying - but at the same time, just cannot completely remove wheat from my life. I will try to reduce wheat and , but I know it will be difficult.