4.0 out of 5 stars It works... you will feel 100% better
This is an excellent book, and diet... I have been eating no wheat for the past month because of this book and I feel 100% amazing.
The bloating and digestive issues that used to plague me are completely gone. My skin is glowing. I have more energy. And I have lost my "wheat belly."
When you embark on a wheat free diet, you quickly realize that almost everything...
Published on Dec 26 2011 by pd204wpg

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of research, but questionable findings.
Published 15 months ago by Diane Allen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 416 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wheat Belly, July 6 2012
This review is from: Wheat Belly (Paperback)
It was a very informative book and discusses how eating wheat causes blood sugars to rise and how it has genetically changed in 50 years. I thought over the years that I may have an addiction to bread because once I started eating it I could not stop. So went on a special diet of no carbs only protein, vegetables and fruit. When I went to a Doctor that deals with women's hormones he did blood work found I have Hashimotos thyroiditis and stated to stay off all wheat and grains. So I have been off all wheat products for about 10 months and now it doesn't bother me, but I know if I eat once piece of bread I'll continue on and eat the whole loaf. Makes you think twice before eating anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wheat Belly by. Wm Davis MD, June 5 2012
This review is from: Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health (Hardcover)
This book has literally saved my life.

17 years after being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia I came upon this book. That was 4 months ago and thus far, by eliminating Wheat products from my diet, I have been able to wean myself off of 900 mg/daily of medication for the pain associated with the Fibromyalgia. The 'fibro-fog' has all but disappeared. I've been able to reduce my thyroid medication by 50%. My arthritis joints are less stiff. I'm sleeping better and my energy levels are on the climb.

I feel now there is some hope that I will be able to work my way back to a semblance of 'normal life' that I once enjoyed.
Already, just by eliminating 'wheat' and wheat products I feel so much better.

I'm not sure how long it will take for my body to clear fully the pain medication I took for so long but from here on every day will get better, I'm sure.

The blessing of this approach to better health is that by going wheat free one risks nothing. I can't hurt you. There are no other products to buy. There is plenty of healthy food still available to eat. It will cost nothing to give it a try and for many of us it might just change your health and life for the better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wheat Belly, March 8 2012
It is a very informative book with good information. It discusses why celiac disease is more prevalent now. It also discusses how wheat affects the body and lists what unsuspecting foods contain wheat(like soya sauce). It also has recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars eye-opener, Feb. 8 2012
One of those books that ought to be read by everyone who...eats! In the last 20-30 years, 'healthy foods' have been synonymous with 'whole-grains'...who would question such a 'wholesome' premise?
Well, it turns out that this premise is plain WRONG!
I've been on a wheat-free (almost) diet for barely over a month, and my energy level is higher, my clarity of thought is improved, and have shed a couple of pounds (I'm only marginally over 'ideal' weight).

I'm recommending this book to everyone, especially ones that seem to need a dietary change! One person in particular, has lost 14 lbs. in 28 days and has noted the absence of food cravings which had always baffled him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Help at last!, Aug. 4 2012
This review is from: Wheat Belly (Paperback)
This book Wheat Belly was recommended to me by my acupuncturist and I am so glad he told me about it. It has changed how my daughter and myself eat. I appreciate the fact that the book was written by a knowledgeable cardiologist who was willing to really research what wheat is and how it's changed over the years, and also how it affects our health. The author, William Davis explains how wheat acts in our bodies and how it affects our digestion and how our brains process wheat. Every symptom that Dr. Davis writes about in his book, I have experienced. I do not suffer with celiac disease, but I am wheat intolerant. My daughter is feeling soooo much better since following the process of eliminating wheat from her diet. I have told many friends about this book and we have had good discussions about how eliminating wheat from your daily diet can make a world of difference in how you feel.

Both my daughter and myself have lost weight since starting the new wheat-free regimen. I now no longer feel bloated and uncomfortable after a meal. My daughter no longer suffers with stomach pain and bloating after eating.

We are so grateful that Dr. Davis decided to write this book and educate people with the truth about the wheat in our food chain. I did not know before reading the book that "wheat is not really wheat" anymore. Grains have been so altered over the last century that we're no longer eating pure grains, but we are stressing our bodies and digestion with wheat that is so overprocessed and combined with other additives. Our bodies cannot handle it.

I now have solid information about wheat from the book and am finding the wheat-free regimen easy to implement and follow. So many supermarkets have gluten/wheat free sections in their stores that it is easy to shop for wheat substitutes. I love the daily eating plan that Dr. Davis wrote in the back of the book. It gave me some new recipe ideas!

As I said earlier, my daughter has also greatly benefitted from going wheat free. She is happy to be free of annoying symptoms such as stomach pain and bloating and also loves eating all of the wheat free products that we have put into our diet.

Thanks to Amazon.com too for having the book for sale online! I live in Canada and books are expensive to buy here. I was happy to be able to buy the book at a much more reasonable price online...and it was delivered to my home very quickly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of research, but questionable findings., Jan. 8 2013
Diane Allen (Cornwallis, NS, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wheat Belly (Paperback)
I started out reading this book full of hope at all of the well researched details about the negative effects wheat has in our diets and on our health. The author has really done his homework well and is quite knowledgeable. Where I lost confidence was in the conclusion he draws from those findings. He seems to use the words grains and gluten interchangeably in his conclusions. Even carbohydrates are skewered interchangeably with wheat. There is never any research to support his conclusions that because wheat is no longer the healthy grain we though it was, all grains/gluten containing foods and most carbs are also bad. He supports a low carb diet, a gluten-free diet as well as a wheat free diet. He lost me there and because of that, I don't trust this book and its conclusions.

4.0 out of 5 stars wheat belly, Jan. 28 2013
This review is from: Wheat Belly (Paperback)
I have a much better understanding how wheat products effect my weight and feelings of well being. I haven't completely eliminated wheat but the big reduction I have made has made an immediate impact on my health and how I look and feel

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Jan. 25 2013
This review is from: Wheat Belly (Paperback)
Purchased this book, made many of the recipes loved them, lost weight (belly) down many inches.

This book makes sense. The only problem I found was using artificial sweeteners and so many almonds.

Maybe next cookbook could use some coconut flour instead less costly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wheat Belly, Sept. 1 2012
This review is from: Wheat Belly (Paperback)
This book was introduced to us by friends, he had been fighting high blood sugar for years. With in 2 months eliminating grains, his blood sugar was down to normal and didn't have to take any insulin pills. His doctor now has the same book.
For us, Joy was in pain a good portion of a day, and since she has removed most grains (mostly wheat) from her diet, the pains have been less frequent and less severity, along with a 12 lb weight loss.
For me, I have struggled for years to get down to a 195, with failure, jumping up and down in weight from 198 to last winter 208. In the last two months I am now down to a 178 lb, something I have not been in over 30 years.
What is one of the biggest factors, we exchanged wheat for more vegatables, and smaller portions of fruit, along with cheese and nuts.
We have not cut back on meat, fish or poultry one bit, or eggs either. We leave the table feeling full and nearly all our cravings have gone or been reduced substancially . Donuts, before the change, I couldn't get enough of, or with chocolate bars. Haven't had a donut in the last couple of months, and two chocolate bars, high in coco.
This book is a life saver.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting!, July 2 2012
This review is from: Wheat Belly (Paperback)
A good friend has been on this diet and lost over 40 lbs. It is definitely worth cutting out the wheat. I do not agree with cutting out the fruits and veggies they suggest.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 416 | Next ›