Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
on February 28, 2000
After renewing this book from the library multiple times I just had to own it. My husband and I are training for our first marathon and this book is our "bible." There's a new piece of valuable information on every page, and each time I reread a section I find something I can use again. Inspiring, informative, with training schedules, advice, and anecdotes throughout. I've looked at other marathon training texts but this one is the best--written for the average reader, it doesn't take the elitest attitude toward running that some of the others do.
on July 4, 2001
I really enjoyed the information Higdon had to share. He answered every question I had about embarking on my first marathon, from what to eat to how to train and how to rest. Most helpful is the training guide at the end of the book to help you prepare for this quest. At least 4 times in the book he talked about how he liked to drink a soda right before the race. I thought once was enough. However a recommended buy.
on January 31, 2003
Overall, Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide, is an excellent marathon perpetration book.
The book is easy to read and progresses well. For someone preparing for their first marathon, the book answers most of the questions one would have. The book tells you what to expect and how to prepare for the unexpected.
Hal Higdon has run loads of marathons and his sage advice is clear chapter after chaper.
on May 13, 2002
Hal definitely knows Marathons! He also does a very good job of passing on tidbits of knowledge that can be very useful for first timers or those with just a few Marathons under their belts. If you want to know more about Hal's style or mindset, I would suggest that you look at some of the articles on Marathoning that are available online. ...