4.0 out of 5 stars good easy read
I enjoyed this book. I would give it 5 stars for the common sense it teaches, but it's so moderate that I have not learned anything new, really, being familiar to healthy eating anyway.
Published on Aug. 26 2011 by Soph

3.0 out of 5 stars The Lean Belly Prescription bookmreview
I found that the book does not get to the meat of the prescription soon enough . I would not reccomend it .
Published 3 months ago by Art & Noelline Mireau

4.0 out of 5 stars good easy read, Aug. 26 2011
Soph (Montreal, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I do think that this book should serve as a reference and master book for a mandatory class on nutrition for teenagers, hell, for that matter, for anyone who thinks their diet is out of whack somehow. So I took it as a reminder of proper nutrition.
i enjoyed the way the book is written also. It's light and easy to "get the idea".
If all north americans would would follow this doctor's prescription on food intake and way of living, our hospitals would be, hopefully, half empty.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Lean Belly Prescription bookmreview, Jan. 17 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Same old story, July 25 2013
This review is from: The Lean Belly Prescription: The fast and foolproof diet and weight-loss plan from America's top urgent-care doctor (Paperback)
Really disappointed with this book. It's just the same as the belly off diet book . Save your money do the south beach diet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, April 20 2013
Has lots of good points for good health!!!! Good recipes,Good book to keep handy and re read every once in while.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lean Belly, Feb. 25 2013
I didn't find it clear on what to eat. I don't want to eat protein all day. The menus just were foods I couldn't use or incorporate into my diet. I'm not a person to like a lot of beans or lentils and don't know how to incorporate them into my diet either that they would be tasty to me. Most of the foods suggested or meals included foods I don't like or they cost a fortune to buy them here in Canada. I'm sorry but it just wasn't helpful to me, I got 1/2 way thru it and decided it wasn't going to work for me. Maybe it's geared more towards men.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Huff and Puff, Sept. 12 2011
Dale (Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada) - See all my reviews
The text can be quite inspirational but the authors have been careful to cover themselves in their attention-getting claims. One such example is the disclaimer (small print) in the advertising that the results claimed by the various 'references' are exceptional and not typical. The 'weasel clauses' throughout contain the statement: "You could lose:..." Of course we could lose, we could also lose only a gram a year or we could gain...
Granted, weight control has very many variables and no two people are likely to respond exactly the same. However, typical results would be much more valuable to us, in formulating a diet and exercising plan.
Many of the suggested meal plans are for two people. Fine so far, for a two-person family. However, Stork goes on to suggest using the leftovers for preparing the meal for the next day, FOR ONE PERSON. How is the other supposed to eat? Could (skipping a meal everyday) that be the secret to the diet?
As is often the case, these authors too carefully shield themselves from the public so that they won't have to answer direct questions or further clarify their statements.
So, is this plan any good?
Nearly all diets work if you stay with the program. However, unless one is able to develop a healthy eating philosophy which can be comfortably followed for the rest of their lives, most ideas are doomed to failure. If it were a simple easy-to-practice secret, there would be no need for all the diet programs, especially those which make fortunes year after year from 'return' customers who have 'failed' and have returned for more of the same.
To succeed, you must not be hungry nor have a craving for 'unhealthy' foods or such large quantities. Until we find a successful means of accomplishing this feat, most weight-loss diets will have little or no success 'over the long term.'
There is a lot of good advice in the book but it's claims are a little over the top at times. It would be beneficial if the authors would substantiate their references to 'studies' so that we could follow up to see how well these studies were performed. Vague claims are not very useful.
Inspiring? Yes.
Fun to read? Yes.
Useful? Somewhat.
Are the suggestions and meal plans easy to follow? Variable and maybe even impossible at times. Much more explanation required.
Will you lose lots of weight and keep it off? Questionable.
Do I recommend this book? Well...maybe. Ignore the hype and extract the useful information.
Never think of a diet as being over and maybe you will succeed also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, Dec 7 2011
Linda Berthiaume "LindyCFF" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
LOVE this book. I don't have a lot of weight to lose but this book is a MUST buy for anyone who wants to lose weight.

ARRAY(0xb464b984)