5.0 out of 5 stars the best way to eat
I am new to living on a plant based diet. Only two months and already am suffering less pain from a clogged artery in my back. This book is a wonderful help in acheiving flaverful and enjoyable meals.
Published on Nov. 26 2011 by reader

3.0 out of 5 stars informative
Published 21 months ago by Nancy Mullin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars the best way to eat, Nov. 26 2011
This review is from: Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to the DVD, Feb. 9 2012
You watched the movie, now what? In comes the book! More info, and recipes are absolutely delicious! The very back of the book provides further links, and cookbook recommendations. A must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, Sept. 5 2012
The Companion & Cookbook provide such an array of wonderful plant based recipes which are easy to follow & with ingredients that are not difficult to find. Reading the stories & testimonies of people who have had their lives change through a plant based diet confirms my belief in how I want to live my life....in health!! A great gift for someone who wants to change how & what they eat and need a nudge in the right direction!!
Thank-you Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn & Dr. Colin Campbell:)

5.0 out of 5 stars forks over knives - a must read, Dec 28 2011
Gordon J. Ross (Calgary, AB, Canada) - See all my reviews
Take charge of your nutrition - this book and the documentary that it compliments is a wake up call to raise awareness of what you need to know about what you are eating. The jury may be out on effects of our typical north american diet - a look at some hard evidence about plant based diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, July 29 2011
I have read several books on this subject and still found this book well worthwhile. I highly recommend it. If you are new to a plant-based diet this is the book to read. Also has lots of good recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read, Aug. 28 2012
I have read a lot about nutrition and healthy diets. I picked up this book because there is a history of heart attack and stroke in my family. I found the reading easy and extremely informative. If you are concerned about the health of your heart you need to pick up this book. The guidelines set forth may seem challenging at first but in my opinion are doable with a little effort and some planning.

5.0 out of 5 stars forks over knives: the plant based diet, Aug. 12 2012
This cook book is wonderful. It teaches you in very simple terms, simple recipes to change your health. I am so happy with this book that I have ordered the new book also.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING BOOK, INCREDIBLE CONCEPTS!, May 22 2014
Ess Elle (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I absolutely LOVE this book. I bought it after I watched the documentary two or three times, and seriously this documentary, book and the Forks Over Knives cookbook all changed my life completely.

I lost weight, my acid reflux and sinus issues disappeared completely, I lost weight, gained a ton of energy, don't have to sleep as much anymore, my acne went away, even my hair is shinier (seriously! haha).

I can't explain to everyone how much this docu and books have helped me turn my life around. I never imagine ever being able to feel so good on a daily basis as I feel now eating a whole foods, plant-based (and organic) diet. I eat as much food as I want, and still lost weight, I never count calories or anything crazy like that - who needs to when you feed your body actual FOOD (and not processed trash and processed animal products!).

It's so crazy, but yet so simple, the concept of healing your body through what you eat. But it actually works. I literally haven't been sick in almost a year now, and I used to get sick ALL the time. I haven't even had so much as a cold! When I start to feel a sore throat coming on, I make an extra smoothie for myself, eating as much raw as possible, and it's literally worked every time. Eating as much raw as possible is so important, but I can't believe how much stronger my immune system is now that I eat healthy, REAL food and no longer eat processed garbage and animal products. Yuck! I have more variety in my meals every day than I ever did when eating junky, processed food and animal products, and the food tastes sooo much better than a burger and fries or boring meat and potato dish! I never thought I'd hear myself say those words, but it's true! Haha.

Anyway, totally recommend this documentary and book, 100% - you won't regret it, it's incredible. And anyone who gives it a shot will see exactly what I mean.

Good luck everyone, hope this was helpful. Happy, healthy eating to all! :) And, remember:

"Let food be thy medicine." - Hippocrates

5.0 out of 5 stars Forks Over Knifes - Rated Excellent, Jan. 10 2013
I rate this book as excellent. It has great information on health, with food as the basis for achieving this. The authors present well researched information in a very readable manner. I highly recommend this to all readers.

3.0 out of 5 stars informative, March 19 2013
This opened a whole new awareness for us, but is not practical when you consider the amount of time it takes to make these recipes, let alone the adjustment in lifestyle. We tried it for a yr, and didn't really feel we felt any different. the recipes are not detailed enough at times and after spending a couple of hrs. preparing something...we ended up throwing it out. I believe in 'moderation'....so we have implimented it in a moderate way. We no longer feel that meat is needed everyday...but it satisfies you much more, to have a little meat from time to time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health
Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health by Gene Stone (Paperback - June 28 2011)
CDN$ 18.95 CDN$ 13.68