march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 7, 2016
Makes you think!
on February 4, 2016
Love this book. I would recommend to anyone who wants to get healthier or concur a disease.
on January 9, 2016
I've been vegan for 10 years and really loved the Forks Over Knives movie. This book does a good job at providing a summary of the ideas and personalities featured in the movie. I'm a big fan of Dr. Neal Barnard and his scientific approach to veganism. A vegan diet provides a solution to many chronic illnesses and this book is effective at arguing its case while keeping things solidly on the side of peer-reviewed science and modern medicine. No magical thinking and/or new-age nonsense to be found here -- just hard science. I loved it!

One thing I wasn't expecting was all the recipes that make half of this book. They are very approachable, even for someone like me who can't cook at all. Definitely something I will be exploring more in the future.

The only reason I'm not giving this book 5 stars is because it focuses almost totally on the United States. Modern veganism started in the United Kingdom and is very strong in the rest of Europe. I wished this book (and the film) could have been more internationally inclusive.

I recommend this book to anyone who is curious about veganism and wants to get a list of the prominent scientists and proponents in North-America.

Conclusion: get this book and start improving your health with a whole food plant-based diet.
on December 5, 2015
on November 5, 2015
good
on October 16, 2015
The book looks new except for a few stars pasted on recipes, which does not detract from its appearance at all. The information in the beginning of the book is easy to understand and relevant for today. The recipes look great; about to try Kale with Miraculous Walnut Sauce. Excellent! I have the Forks Over Knives Plan, which I thought was the same as Forks Over Knives, The How to Companion and planned to offer it in a draw at my next vegan cooking class, but after the Kale recipe, I'm going to keep it. Back to the order desk. Grin.
on October 13, 2015
Was in exact condition as was described by seller. Awesome book and great recipes inside!
on September 23, 2015
Book
on August 10, 2015
This Book Is Awesome!!
on July 2, 2015
Absolutely stunning!!!! Subsequently I got the documentary Forks over Knives, and then THE EXTENDED INTEREVIEWS!!!

The whole world should pay attention!!!!! No other word for it: STUNNING!

I've now moved on to: Vegucated : Kind Green _________ which includes some words from Dr. Joel Fhurman!!!
Finally, the world is paying attention!!!!