biss boutiques-francophones Learn more Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite vd2016beauty Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on September 10, 2013
I really like this book. I am fairly familiar with the 12 step process but found Fr. Rohr's explanations and commentary most insightful. He has given me much to think on and I enjoy his writing style. I have also read "Immortal Diamond" which I would also recommend to those seeking food for thought and a different way of looking at one's spiritual life. Yes, he has taught me quite a bit.
on December 7, 2014
The world population ( not just those in recovery) would benefit from reading this book. The message is one of love, kindness, compassion, empathy, service, and how incorporating benefiting others into who we are, expands and blesses our own soul. This book is spiritual in nature and exercises itself from religious dogma that so often sees through narrow self promoting sanctimonious blinders, while missing its original inclusive messages in the process.
on March 21, 2013
Purchased on the recommendation of my spiritual director. Read it on Lenten retreat and it engaged me with the Spirit in a whole new way. You have to read, meditate and do a bit of work. The result was literally life changing. A new sense of the closeness and love of God and a whole new perspective on the addictive nature of our western society. Recommended for people in and out of 12 Step programs.
on April 18, 2014
One of the best books on spirituality I have ever read. It also comes with a study guide [ free] for individual or better yet group study.
on December 2, 2014
RORH HAS GIVEN US A WONDERFUL AND FULFILLING INSIGHT INTO THE SPIRITUALITY OF THE 12 STEPS AND
RELATED THOSE INSIGHTS TO THE CHRISTIAN SCRIPTURES. THIS BOOK IS MOST HELPFUL FOR THOSE WHO
ARE WORKING THE 12 STEPS AND FOR THOSE WHO COUNSEL THE SAME.
on October 16, 2015
An excellent examination of the Twelve Steps and what this spirituality has to teach religion today, with a sprinkling of Buddhist and psychotherapeutic concepts thrown. A modern book for this time.
KElly Watt
Author of Mad Dog and Camino Meditations
www.kellywatt.ca
on August 27, 2013
The author brought original perspective to 12 Steps. His perspective points to the relevance of spirituality, and how our awareness needs to be coupled with action for effective implementation of these steps.
on April 10, 2014
This is such a gift ... to those embracing12-step recovery AND to people seeking to follow the way of Christ. It out to be mandatory reading for every seminarian and theology professor alike.
on March 13, 2012
This book is one you will want to have physically in your hands. It is not a novel. It is a book for anyone who wants to understand life and to live a better life. You may want to reread it, underline special sections that speak to you personally and keep it for future reference. It helps one see life in a new way. It is for everybody.
on April 30, 2014
in my opinion its " dry " . but that's my opinion. someone else might think its just great. main thing, is when I don't like a book, I donate it to the women's shelter, where hopefully someone who has time on their hands will find it beneficial.