5.0 out of 5 stars finally understanding spirituality
One of the best books on spirituality I have ever read. It also comes with a study guide [ free] for individual or better yet group study.
Published 3 months ago by Lionel Van Peteghen

2.0 out of 5 stars but, thats okay, you gotta try it to find out , right ?
in my opinion its " dry " . but that's my opinion. someone else might think its just great. main thing, is when I don't like a book, I donate it to the women's shelter, where hopefully someone who has time on their hands will find it beneficial.
Published 2 months ago by brian husband

2.0 out of 5 stars but, thats okay, you gotta try it to find out , right ?, April 30 2014
This review is from: Breathing Under Water: Spirituality and the Twelve Steps (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars finally understanding spirituality, April 18 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read!, April 10 2014
This is such a gift ... to those embracing12-step recovery AND to people seeking to follow the way of Christ. It out to be mandatory reading for every seminarian and theology professor alike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Insight, Sept. 10 2013
I really like this book. I am fairly familiar with the 12 step process but found Fr. Rohr's explanations and commentary most insightful. He has given me much to think on and I enjoy his writing style. I have also read "Immortal Diamond" which I would also recommend to those seeking food for thought and a different way of looking at one's spiritual life. Yes, he has taught me quite a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, Aug. 27 2013
The author brought original perspective to 12 Steps. His perspective points to the relevance of spirituality, and how our awareness needs to be coupled with action for effective implementation of these steps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathing Under Water and Radical Grace, March 21 2013
Purchased on the recommendation of my spiritual director. Read it on Lenten retreat and it engaged me with the Spirit in a whole new way. You have to read, meditate and do a bit of work. The result was literally life changing. A new sense of the closeness and love of God and a whole new perspective on the addictive nature of our western society. Recommended for people in and out of 12 Step programs.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Guide, March 13 2012
This book is one you will want to have physically in your hands. It is not a novel. It is a book for anyone who wants to understand life and to live a better life. You may want to reread it, underline special sections that speak to you personally and keep it for future reference. It helps one see life in a new way. It is for everybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Breath, June 23 2012
This product looks like a good buy and the author is well known. I can not say much more as it was purchased as a gift and I don't read gifts before I gift them.

Breathing Under Water: Spirituality and the Twelve Steps
Breathing Under Water: Spirituality and the Twelve Steps by Richard Rohr (Paperback - Sept. 13 2011)
CDN$ 17.16