biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more vd2016beauty Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Edition: ItalianChange

on January 16, 2013
Rosetta Stone is easy to install and use. I wish that there was some written reference material included. When a new word or concept is introduced, the definition or usage is not always obvious from the pictures. For instance, some adjectives precede nouns, others follow. There is no explanation for this. Why, " Vado a cavallo," but, "Vado in bicicletta"? Suddenly the conditional tense appears, or double pronouns, without explanation. So you have to have other resources at hand, such as wiktionary.org, ILGUR, cyberitalian.com, Italian Verbs for Dummies, etc. If you have these, this is a great way to learn Italian.
on October 5, 2013
I went back and forth before purchasing this product and the Rosetta Stone online access for a year. After looking at all the technical information listed I bought the set. I think this is the best learning system I have ever used. It can be a bit tricky since it feels as though you are just thrown in but if you are attentive and allow yourself to go with the lessons (and sometimes repeat some) it will come. I found if I was unsure about a word or pronoun I would overthink it, and it would become difficult. By the time I completed the first few lessons I felt as though I accomplished something and the live tutoring sessions are truly wonderful. It's easy to go over the same lessons over and over but when someone puts you on the spot and asks a question you have to think of the answer right away. I think it helped build my conversation skills ten fold. With all this positive praise you might be wondering why I only gave it 2 stars. It is because of this praise I didn't give it 1. The audio companion would be better (in my opinion) if it included some English. It's just vocabulary and I was hoping for it to do a word and then the translation so my daughter could pick up a little while doing long car rides.

I am really annoyed at the moment because as I was enjoying my new language skills I was told my online subscription had expired (3 months). I was okay with that but now I lost all the online language building games as well as my tutoring sessions!! If you look in the technical information it clearly says that the games and online sessions are included but once the 3 month trial expires it's gone. I spent the $500 BECAUSE of the online tutoring and feel as though they did not represent this product properly. No where does it say that there is a time limit for certain functions. AFTER you buy the set and install it you will see something pop up talking about limited online features but I figured I still had the tutoring sessions in the other section because hey, that's what's written down on what I would be getting if I bought the product. I will be contacting Rosetta Stone soon about this but I have a feeling nothing much will be done about this :P
on November 3, 2011
The product is easy to install and use. You do need internet connection or you will have to phone for activation. Intuitive learning process. Now all I need is self discipline. No complaints.
on May 16, 2014
I couldn't get past the 2nd disc for installation and had to download from the website...inconvenient, but nice to have that back-up choice.
The product is great though!
on March 3, 2015
Wow...really love this!! My New Year's resolution was to learn Italian. I have always wanted to learn another language. The on-line support and downloadable MP3 files are a great bonus. There is only one drawback; you need to order a companion guide to grammar to assist in the masculine and feminine use of words. I would recommend this program to anyone interested in learning another language.
on October 4, 2011
Rosetta Stone lives up to expectations. Their method for teaching a language works....it offers me hope of achieving conversational fluency through a comprehensive set of exercises employing voice-recognition software, games and the ability to interact with a world-wide Rosetta community, as well as studio sessions. I look forward, not just to Italy, but to practising my Italian!
on November 27, 2015
Rosetta Stone is a funny thing - my wife and I have taken a number of traditional-style night school courses in Italian; we're finding Rosetta Stone a helpful refresher/reinforcer. But we're trying to imagine it being used by someone who has no background in the language or its grammatical rules and we suspect it would be a difficult slog - perhaps possible to learn small snippets of vocabulary, and some phrases and sentences by rote, but gaining any insight into the patterns of the language? Not so easy!
on April 26, 2014
I'm only on level 1, but so far, I've been very impressed with it. It's very easy to follow. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to learn different languages.
on September 25, 2014
This is a really good method of teaching a foreign language.
on July 6, 2015
fantastic product , make learning a new language easier.

See 1 answered question