biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: CD-ROMChange

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on October 6, 2011
The product is useful, learning at a good rate.

Where it fell down is that technical problems with the program began after 3 weeks of use, it did not recognize my answers in one section and my microphone ceased transmitting my replies to questions regarding pronunciation.

Soon after that I received a message indicating a fatal error and could not start the program.

Contacted Technical support, waited 20 minutes to be answered and then the agent could barely speak English, was on the phone for the better part of an hour before he passed me on to a "Senior agent" This Guy was fine and the program was running under 5 minutes later.

The long and the short is the program is good but the support is lacking.
0Comment29 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2015
I purchased this package to have some conversational Spanish for a tour of Cuba. The graphics and sound were excellent and very helpful for getting pronunciation right. The menus and process seemed somewhat hard to navigate. However, after quite a few sessions I still did not have the common conversational phrases and questions that I wanted so I purchased a book and downloaded some small apps to practice those phrases. Perhaps Rosetta is better suited to someone who wants a broader knowledge of Spanish and better pronunciation.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse