biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Edition: Spanish Latin AmericaChange

on June 19, 2011
I love Rosetta Stone. This is a great product that truly delivers. R.Stone is focused on teaching you to communicate. Within a month of purchase, I was able to have a real (simple) conversation with a first-language Spanish speaker.
Note: This is not a program that gives English translations or grammar rules. It is designed to get you using your new language! If you are used to a grammar/translation approach you might be disconcerted at first- but this 'immersion' approach is much more effective.I really also enjoy the online classes available with the Totale version.
I purchased levels 1-5. The program is very content rich and I now think I could have purchased levels 1-3 for use in my first year and then bought the rest later.
0Comment67 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2012
I ordered this in hopes that I would learn a few words of Spanish prior to travelling to Cuba in January - I hestitated because it was more costly than the Spanish-English dictionary that people had recommended but I'm nothing if not assertive so.....to my huge surprise after only one week of a moderate amount of study and reveiw with Rosetta Stone I am conversing at a basic level quite well - it has impressed my husband so much he mistakenly thinks I'm fluent and keeps asking me how to say things that I haven't learned yet. I am a middle aged grandmother so if it works for me I can only imagine how well it would work for someone in their 20's and 30's - once I've completed Spanish I think I'm going to learn French! The trick is that they don't translate they subtley force you to interpret visually in your head so it is so subtle you don't even realize you are doing it .....until you are doing it. Now I play the audio support in my car and the added visualization is perfect. This is intuitive learning at it's very best.
0Comment30 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2012
Access to online information and content was not easily acccessable - however the program itself is GREAT! Had difficulty registering more than 1 user on the on line access.
on April 22, 2014
This Rosetta Stone system has been helpful for me to get started learning Spanish. I have not gotten very far into it yet (Just level 1) but it seems to cover what is needed. The system senses when more work is required and resets the particular lesson moduals to suit my needs. I like it.
on January 26, 2014
I found it very hard without translations, but now I am getting used to it and I am finding that it actually works very good as you have to think all the time as to what the meaning of a sentence really is. When starting this program I had no training or knowledge of the Spanish language.
on May 31, 2015
It is a very good tool to learn language. One thing that could improve it is adding a bit of real grammar, for example once using I it should show the other pronouns you, he, she etc. You cannot expect that everything is comprehended by verbal instructions and somewhat unstructured.
on November 20, 2013
This is an excellent program and well designed but I must warn you that you have to devote a lot of time to learning the language you choose it is not something that you will pick up overnight! If you devote yourself to learning the language this is the best course I have found even though it is a little on the pricey side.
on February 3, 2016
This is an awesome language program. I love it as it keeps me interested and is not boring but you have to do it at least 30 minutes a day for your own progress and dedicate yourself to those 30 minutes a day or you will forget a lot of it if you don't keep up to your lessons. I know way more Spanish today than I did a year ago. Oh you should buy your own headphones as the one that came with this program did not work with my computer.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2013
I have only started but find the way the lessons are laid out very addictive.I feel like I am learning so much and it is interesting and a fun way to learn.I like playing the games. So far I have not used the opportunity to converse with a spanish speaking speaker. I feel this has been a good purchase. I have also put the rosetta stone app on my phone and Ipad for when I am not able to use my computer.
on July 24, 2014
I was super excited because Rosetta Stone is supposed to be the best. And to be honest they are very good once their microphone sets up properly. The first four days took over forty five minutes to set up. And by set up I mean, click set up and say the numbers one through five into the mic. And I know the mic works because it would play back what i said (to test it I would say different things after a while). the set up would fail. Every. Single. Time. After a while it magically set up properly. i must say i spent more time trying to set up the mic than actually learning Spanish (some of the lessons are 10 minutes). After the fourth day it worked fine for about two weeks and for no reason the mic won't set up again. I've dealt with their technical services who made sure no box was "checked" in any of my computer settings which shouldn't have been checked and made sure everything that was supposed to be "checked" was in fact checked. Well this time i spoke to their technical services who couldn't do anything so he transferred me to their customer service, who couldn't do anything so he transferred me back to their technical services. I was going to return it but decided to try it again, well on about the tenth try it decided to work again.
I'd choose a different program, i'm sure there are cheaper ones that exist that are just as good, and without the technical difficulties.
0Comment9 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse