5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended
I love Rosetta Stone. This is a great product that truly delivers. R.Stone is focused on teaching you to communicate. Within a month of purchase, I was able to have a real (simple) conversation with a first-language Spanish speaker.
Published on June 19 2011 by C.H.

3.0 out of 5 stars take a course.
Not that great if you speak a little Spanish and want to learn more. It is very elementary. Only recommendation is for real beginners.
Published 11 months ago by Silena Schapira

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, June 19 2011
This review is from: Rosetta Stone Spanish (Latin America) Level 1-5 Set (CD-ROM)
Note: This is not a program that gives English translations or grammar rules. It is designed to get you using your new language! If you are used to a grammar/translation approach you might be disconcerted at first- but this 'immersion' approach is much more effective.I really also enjoy the online classes available with the Totale version.
I purchased levels 1-5. The program is very content rich and I now think I could have purchased levels 1-3 for use in my first year and then bought the rest later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rosetta Stone Does Not Disappoint, Nov. 19 2012
I ordered this in hopes that I would learn a few words of Spanish prior to travelling to Cuba in January - I hestitated because it was more costly than the Spanish-English dictionary that people had recommended but I'm nothing if not assertive so.....to my huge surprise after only one week of a moderate amount of study and reveiw with Rosetta Stone I am conversing at a basic level quite well - it has impressed my husband so much he mistakenly thinks I'm fluent and keeps asking me how to say things that I haven't learned yet. I am a middle aged grandmother so if it works for me I can only imagine how well it would work for someone in their 20's and 30's - once I've completed Spanish I think I'm going to learn French! The trick is that they don't translate they subtley force you to interpret visually in your head so it is so subtle you don't even realize you are doing it .....until you are doing it. Now I play the audio support in my car and the added visualization is perfect. This is intuitive learning at it's very best.

3.0 out of 5 stars take a course., May 16 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Acess to online, June 6 2012
Access to online information and content was not easily acccessable - however the program itself is GREAT! Had difficulty registering more than 1 user on the on line access.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rosetta Stone, April 22 2014
This Rosetta Stone system has been helpful for me to get started learning Spanish. I have not gotten very far into it yet (Just level 1) but it seems to cover what is needed. The system senses when more work is required and resets the particular lesson moduals to suit my needs. I like it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Microphone set up issues, July 24 2014
I was super excited because Rosetta Stone is supposed to be the best. And to be honest they are very good once their microphone sets up properly. The first four days took over forty five minutes to set up. And by set up I mean, click set up and say the numbers one through five into the mic. And I know the mic works because it would play back what i said (to test it I would say different things after a while). the set up would fail. Every. Single. Time. After a while it magically set up properly. i must say i spent more time trying to set up the mic than actually learning Spanish (some of the lessons are 10 minutes). After the fourth day it worked fine for about two weeks and for no reason the mic won't set up again. I've dealt with their technical services who made sure no box was "checked" in any of my computer settings which shouldn't have been checked and made sure everything that was supposed to be "checked" was in fact checked. Well this time i spoke to their technical services who couldn't do anything so he transferred me to their customer service, who couldn't do anything so he transferred me back to their technical services. I was going to return it but decided to try it again, well on about the tenth try it decided to work again.
I'd choose a different program, i'm sure there are cheaper ones that exist that are just as good, and without the technical difficulties.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing explained !. very disappointed at this price, April 17 2015
I previously gave this product 2 stars, but after getting into the second unit.. it gets more frustrating every day.
Rosetta Stone uses pictures only to teach the course. The spanish language has alot of grammar in it and its not easy... Since nothing is explained in the course, i was totally confused most of the time.
First of all , i had to occasionally guess what the spanish words meant because the picture was not that clear. Since there is no grammar instructions, you are basically just memorizing phrases a lot of the time. How can you have a conversation with someone when you don't have the tools to put the words together ???? Let me give you an example:
There are two pictures of 2 kids hugging. One says "las ninjas se abrazan", the other "Nosotros nos arazamos" .
There is no explanation as how to conjugate verbs.. when reading this , you have NO frigging idea what purpose 'se' has ... or 'nos'.. and what about the 'an' ending and the 'amos' ending ?.. you sort of figure some of it out after a dozen pictures but most of the time i was googling spanish grammar.. using my iTranslate app on my iPhone, and messaging my daughter who took a proper spanish course at univerity...
I'm sure most people who do this course are happy to throw around a few phrases and verbs, but for $200 (God help those who paid $300-$400) i was expecting a lot more.. I don't understand why this course is so popular. Ok, they give you all the wood and nails to build a house, but no hammer and no saw...
other issues:
well into Unit 2, and i still can't have a simple conversation. I can now say the cat is under the table, or the girl is playing with a green ball.. but i can't say HOW ARE YOU, or MY NAME IS ... or CAN I SEE THE MENU... or WHERE CAN I FIND A BATHROOM.. etc.. etc...
this is a major issue. IN EVERY COURSE I HAVE TAKEN (FRENCH, GERMAN, MANDARIN), these are the things you learn in the first unit.
the more i think of things, the worse this course is .....
i gave it one star, because it does do a good job of teaching vocabulary.

4.0 out of 5 stars My first 2 weeks with Rosetta Stone, Jan. 26 2014
I found it very hard without translations, but now I am getting used to it and I am finding that it actually works very good as you have to think all the time as to what the meaning of a sentence really is. When starting this program I had no training or knowledge of the Spanish language.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great program, Nov. 10 2013
For a person that's not been in school for a wee bit, I am finding this to be a great learning tool. It is a bit intimidating at first but you soon start to get the rhyme of the training and look forward to getting back to it. Read where someone found it to be addictive and have to agree with that. I have only just started but look forward to completing and learning a second language.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome! Challenging to get installed I found on my ..., March 30 2015
Awesome! Challenging to get installed I found on my Surface tablet. Took awhile but got it worked out. Microphone and headphones are hit and miss.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Rosetta Stone Spanish (Latin America) Level 1-5 Set
Rosetta Stone Spanish (Latin America) Level 1-5 Set by Rosetta Stone (Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Windows 7 / 8 / XP)
CDN$ 499.00 CDN$ 269.99