march boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Edition: Spanish Latin America|Change

on June 19, 2011
I love Rosetta Stone. This is a great product that truly delivers. R.Stone is focused on teaching you to communicate. Within a month of purchase, I was able to have a real (simple) conversation with a first-language Spanish speaker.
Note: This is not a program that gives English translations or grammar rules. It is designed to get you using your new language! If you are used to a grammar/translation approach you might be disconcerted at first- but this 'immersion' approach is much more effective.I really also enjoy the online classes available with the Totale version.
I purchased levels 1-5. The program is very content rich and I now think I could have purchased levels 1-3 for use in my first year and then bought the rest later.
on April 22, 2014
This Rosetta Stone system has been helpful for me to get started learning Spanish. I have not gotten very far into it yet (Just level 1) but it seems to cover what is needed. The system senses when more work is required and resets the particular lesson moduals to suit my needs. I like it.
on November 19, 2012
I ordered this in hopes that I would learn a few words of Spanish prior to travelling to Cuba in January - I hestitated because it was more costly than the Spanish-English dictionary that people had recommended but I'm nothing if not assertive so.....to my huge surprise after only one week of a moderate amount of study and reveiw with Rosetta Stone I am conversing at a basic level quite well - it has impressed my husband so much he mistakenly thinks I'm fluent and keeps asking me how to say things that I haven't learned yet. I am a middle aged grandmother so if it works for me I can only imagine how well it would work for someone in their 20's and 30's - once I've completed Spanish I think I'm going to learn French! The trick is that they don't translate they subtley force you to interpret visually in your head so it is so subtle you don't even realize you are doing it .....until you are doing it. Now I play the audio support in my car and the added visualization is perfect. This is intuitive learning at it's very best.
on May 31, 2015
It is a very good tool to learn language. One thing that could improve it is adding a bit of real grammar, for example once using I it should show the other pronouns you, he, she etc. You cannot expect that everything is comprehended by verbal instructions and somewhat unstructured.
on February 3, 2016
This is an awesome language program. I love it as it keeps me interested and is not boring but you have to do it at least 30 minutes a day for your own progress and dedicate yourself to those 30 minutes a day or you will forget a lot of it if you don't keep up to your lessons. I know way more Spanish today than I did a year ago. Oh you should buy your own headphones as the one that came with this program did not work with my computer.
on June 6, 2012
Access to online information and content was not easily acccessable - however the program itself is GREAT! Had difficulty registering more than 1 user on the on line access.
on November 20, 2013
This is an excellent program and well designed but I must warn you that you have to devote a lot of time to learning the language you choose it is not something that you will pick up overnight! If you devote yourself to learning the language this is the best course I have found even though it is a little on the pricey side.
on January 26, 2014
I found it very hard without translations, but now I am getting used to it and I am finding that it actually works very good as you have to think all the time as to what the meaning of a sentence really is. When starting this program I had no training or knowledge of the Spanish language.
on February 4, 2016
I like how it's done and assessed. My vocabulary and listening skills have improved greatly. I don't like the fact that the license only lasts for 90 days. The 1-5 set is a lot of work to complete in only 90 days if you want to do it right.
on October 26, 2015
It's Rosetta Stone. It works fine on home computer. I guess I didn't do my due diligence - I was planning on using this as a learning tool during commutes and while doing long distance walking. That requires additional purchase from Rosetta Stone. Glad I got it through Amazon - best price for Canada. Rosetta Stone's "sale" matched the price but in US dollars.