Published 5 months ago by Mari

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, mediocre customer service
My experience is two-fold:
The product and learning method is excellent, the best I've ever experienced when learning a language. Beside the quick progress it keeps you motivated and keen on doing the next exercises.
Published on Nov. 24 2011 by Volkmar

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, mediocre customer service, Nov. 24 2011
Volkmar (Switzerland) - See all my reviews
My experience is two-fold:
On the very negative side are the mediocre customer service and the continuous up-selling attempts. There is an online learning experience offered by Rosetta Stone. Only after having clicked on the button to activate it you get the information that only three months are complimentary, the period starts immediately, and after the three months you have to pay a monthly fee. No chance to cancel the process to keep the three free months for a later point in time. When I was calling the customer service complaining about the unfair and hidden up-selling I experienced well-trained people with just one goal: to block any customer requests. No chance for getting any understanding.
Conclusion: Good product, but aware of activating any online or other services. It can lead to additional costs. And the customer service will not be there to help you.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, but I have taken many Russian classes as a child, so it really works for me....., July 20 2014
This review is from: Rosetta Stone Russian Level 1-5 Set (CD-ROM)
I took a lot of Russian classes as a child, so I wanted a refresher, and to rebuild my vocabulary. For this purpose, the system is perfect. I am not sure how one would feel if this was their first exposure to the language. I already know the alphabet and can read the language, and you start right in with words on the screen, and perhaps the idea is the gradual exposure to the written words while someone is speaking helps you learn the alphabet? It is very different than English, so I can't personally wrap my head around how that would work, but they are the experts..... I really like it for my purposes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Practice, June 3 2013
This review is from: Rosetta Stone Russian Level 1-5 Set (CD-ROM)
I've been wanting to learn Russian for a while now, so I can communicate with my husband's extended family (and finally understand the other half of the conversations at dinner).
I used Rosetta Stone to learn enough Spanish to survive using just level 1, and I'm excited to have all five levels of Russian at my fingertips.
I enjoy how Rosetta Stone tends to throw you right into the language, causing just enough stress to get your brain working on decoding a whole new language.
A bit pricey, but that's to be expected from such a huge program.
Thanks so much!

Rosetta Stone Russian Level 1-5 Set
Rosetta Stone Russian Level 1-5 Set by Rosetta Stone (Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Windows 7 / 8 / XP)
CDN$ 499.00 CDN$ 199.00