5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically funny book for parents
I have to admit, when I first received a copy of this book, I thought it was a joke. A very funny joke, but I had no idea it was an actual book meant for general publication. The fact that it has been so popular shows that I'm not the only person who enjoyed the joke!

Published on June 28 2011 by A. Volk

2.0 out of 5 stars Funny The First Time Around...
I heard a lot about this book from friends and family, so I decided to get it as we were expecting our first baby. While it was funny for the first few pages, it started to lose my interest before I even got to the end. Definitely a waste of money, should have just picked it up and read it at the bookstore.
Published 17 months ago by Betty

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically funny book for parents, June 28 2011
A. Volk (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (#1 HALL OF FAME)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Go the F**k to Sleep (Hardcover)

So what is this book all about? Simple. It's about the frustration a parent can feel trying to get their young child (2-6 years or so) to bed. The book is beautifully drawn like a children's book, uses rhymes like a children's book, but drops a frustrated f-bomb on every page. The book rants about having to read one more book, calling nonsense on frequent requests for water, and similar situations (I love the last page!). I think the book is both so funny and so successful because a lot of parents can empathize with the feelings in the book.

Now I should mention that this book isn't for children. It also isn't for parents with children who never had problems going to sleep. Or parents who strongly disapprove of swearing. Or parents who won't like humor. Or parents who had so much free time and/or support that they didn't mind spending hours getting a child to sleep (or maybe getting the nanny to do it). For the rest of parents, as witnessed by the absolutely huge industry in "how to get your child to sleep" books, getting your child to sleep is often a major battle, chore, and/or energy drain.

The tone of the book is hopefully lighthearted enough for no one to confuse it with a parent actually wanting to put down their child or verbally injure/insult them. Rather, it's a reflection of the frustration good parents sometimes feel when their best efforts to get a child to sleep just aren't working. For the tenth night in a row. With that in mind, I found the book to be a very funny salute to the parents out there who are either going through "sleep warfare" right now, or who have been through it with their kids in the past. Keeping in mind my disclaimers above about who this book is for (i.e., most parents and definitely not their children), I can honestly say that this is one of the best parenting books I've ever come across. No, it won't help you get your child to sleep. But maybe it will let you know that a lot of other parents are in the exact same boat. And sometimes that's all you need to get you over the stress of putting your little angel(s) to bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strangely comforting!!, March 3 2012
This review is from: Go the F**k to Sleep (Hardcover)
This book is a must for any parents who have or had have kids!! Not for everyone, of course, given the title, but the humour found in its pages will ressonate with everyone with kids! In the wee hours of the night, a quick read of this book will ease the thoughts of being the ONLY one in the world without sleep at the hands of your little ones!! Testimonial to the fact that we all go through this as parents!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, makes a good gift, March 28 2013
Prairie Girl (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Go the F**k to Sleep (Hardcover)
Although crass, any parent who has struggled to get a child to sleep has thought some version of this books title. The good thing about this book is its not just a cheap laugh for a title, it actually reads really well and references several bedtime books you have probably read to your child. A cute gift from Mom to Dad or for a friend dealing with a lack of sleep-- a good laugh, and let's you know you're not alone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great relieft, July 13 2011
This review is from: Go the F**k to Sleep (Hardcover)
I gave my husband this book for fathers day. It was a great relief to know that my daughter isn't the only devil that doesn't like to go to sleep. We keep it out for company to read when they come over.

It's always a great laugh and really is a great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 5 2014
Too f.......king funny

4.0 out of 5 stars Going in a time capsule., May 24 2014
I purchased this to put into a time capsule for my grandson. He won't be seeing it until he is 21! Adult language!

5.0 out of 5 stars Every parent needs this!, April 9 2014
This review is from: Go the F**k to Sleep (Hardcover)
This book was just for me, it's hilarious! As a new mother, every sentence I have uttered at some point in despair :/

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, April 8 2014
Helen D (Bradford, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Go the F**k to Sleep (Hardcover)
Bought this as a gift for my daughter & son in law as their 2 year old loves to be up at night.
They appreciated the humour, but the language may offend some people.
I can identify with the sentiments as a mother of three.

5.0 out of 5 stars just f***ing sleep !, April 7 2014
This review is from: Go the F**k to Sleep (Hardcover)
Too funny. What a great book. It doesn't help the baby sleep, but mommy and daddy enjoy the lighter side of a sleepless baby!

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny the first few times...then share it with your friends, March 9 2014
This review is from: Go the F**k to Sleep (Hardcover)
This is a book you buy once, read a few times, giggle knowingly with your partner, then pass on to another of your friends who's also a parent.

Go the F**k to Sleep
Go the F**k to Sleep by Adam Mansbach (Hardcover - June 28 2011)
CDN$ 16.95 CDN$ 12.37