5.0 out of 5 stars A LOT of information!
Great book! Very informative, but a little overwhelming at first sight. Once you sit down with it and flip the pages, it's very easy to navigate with lots of useful suggestions for things you might like to see or do. It's a good size for carrying in your purse or backpack. This one will definitely be travelling with us on our vacation!
Published on Feb. 5 2012 by Geraldine

2.0 out of 5 stars not up to par
I was anticipating a very thorough and complete guide to S CA but this one seems more intent on being aimed for a consumer than just an average tourist. I was especially interested in certain areas and this fell far short of my expectations. I would not get another "Lonely Planet" guide again.
Published on Dec 26 2011 by D. A. Fraser

5.0 out of 5 stars A LOT of information!, Feb. 5 2012
This review is from: Lonely Planet Los Angeles San Diego & Southern California 3rd Ed.: 3rd Edition (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars not up to par, Dec 26 2011
D. A. Fraser "bwmt" (Victoria, British Columbia Canada) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, Nov. 4 2014
StaceyM (Toronto, Ontario) - See all my reviews
Not great. Expected more detail from the 'southern california' section, but isn't very informative for many places, such as Sanata Barbara. It's also very difficult to navigate as an ebook.

4.0 out of 5 stars Also good, May 28 2014
also good, but feels poorer than Eyewitness Travel Guides San Francisco, maybe because LA is not SF. Santa Barbara, Solvang and other towns around LA depicted very vell

5.0 out of 5 stars Imformative, June 24 2012
Got some great ideas from the book on what to do on my trip to California :). I look forward to exploring all the hidden gems this book talks about.

Lonely Planet Los Angeles San Diego & Southern California 3rd Ed.: 3rd Edition