5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful
Very good informations, great places suggested to see and less expensive than in stores! Great pictures too, i recommand this book if you plan to visit Italy.
Published 23 months ago by dixielee

1.0 out of 5 stars Not that great.
Published 21 months ago by Italia Traveller

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, May 14 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Not that great., June 28 2012
This review is from: Lonely Planet Italy 10th Ed.: 10th Edition (Paperback)
Pretty weak book, lonely planet. This book will try to convince you that the only thing to do in Italy is visit museums. Well, two is enough for me. The hotel listings are not very in depth. And the fact that the price coding is not next to the name on the map legend means you will be flipping back a forth a lot. The book setup is awkward, with sleeping accommodation near the end of each town's section. I every town they mention 20 museums to visit with some lengthy descriptions, but then only mention 4 places to sleep. These places will undoubtedly be booked full, so guess what? You're gonna be wandering the streets for a couple hours. I've used the Footprints brand of travel guide, and found them much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for pre trip planning and to take along as well, March 6 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Italy 10th Ed.: 10th Edition (Paperback)
This book has been a wealth of information to help me and my husband plan for our upcoming trip this fall. Love the colorful pictures, language guide, and historical information. I used The Lonely Planet Guide to Ireland in 2012 and it was a lifesaver for B&B's and places to eat and things to see while in different Counties.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, Feb. 3 2014
This review is from: Lonely Planet Italy 10th Ed.: 10th Edition (Paperback)
We gave this as a Christmas gift and my friend says that it is quite helpful for her upcoming trip.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for pre-planning, somewhat useful during trip, Nov. 1 2013
Sheilah ""Strive not to be a success, but... (Manitoba) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lonely Planet Italy 10th Ed.: 10th Edition (Paperback)
I bought this to help plan our trip to Italy, as we were not using a tour group and doing everything ourselves.

I found this book useful in a few ways:
1) during the trip reading the blurbs about where we were
2) before trip getting information about costs
3) flipping through it to understand stuff to see in different areas.

However, for items 2 and 3 (especially 3) I found trip advisor to be a much better resource.

The main reasons I didn't like this book was that there seems to be no logical order in how information is sorted in a section. If I want information on a specific place I am visitng it takes forever to find it

Overall, if you are planning a trip, I would say go with tripadvisor instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very, very good travel book, Sept. 6 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Italy 10th Ed.: 10th Edition (Paperback)
This is a very comprehensive coverage of Italy. It's the only travel book I found that included a lot of information about the Adriatic Coast of Italy and the Italian 'heel' area. Love how it's organized and it's easy to figure out the top sights to visit. Good background information and contains lots of detailed maps. It's particularly well-suited to those who like to plan their own trips. Well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, July 20 2012
This review is from: Lonely Planet Italy 10th Ed.: 10th Edition (Paperback)
Excellent book, and it was shippped really quick! The price was great. I really enjoyed the product. I would be any Lonely Planet again on Amazone

4.0 out of 5 stars Italy, Jan. 13 2013
This review is from: Lonely Planet Italy 10th Ed.: 10th Edition (Paperback)
This was a Christmas gift to my grand daughter, she hasn't told me, yet, what she thinks about it, but I'll ask !

ARRAY(0xa1c0aa98)

Lonely Planet Italy 10th Ed.: 10th Edition
Lonely Planet Italy 10th Ed.: 10th Edition by Brendan Sainsbury (Paperback - Feb. 6 2012)
CDN$ 29.99 CDN$ 18.80