5.0 out of 5 stars Hark! A graphic novel about history!, March 13 2013
Dorothyanne Brown "Dabble" (Dartmouth, NS) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Hark! A Vagrant (Hardcover)
And oh so wonderful it is. Kate Beaton is a gem. Her take on the moments of history is wry, witty, wise and downright funny. Everyone should read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rich and entertaining, Sept. 9 2013
This review is from: Hark! A Vagrant (Hardcover)
Brilliant, funny, engaging and even educational in some parts! If I don't get one of the comics, I immediately want to do background research so I can fully appreciate the Beaton's sharp tongue in cheek comedy that never fails to make me giggle mischievously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, July 17 2013
This review is from: Hark! A Vagrant (Hardcover)
I really loved it. So funny and clever! Thanks Amazon for making it so easy to find and purchase. Next time I want a book I'll go through this company

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, Oct. 31 2011
This review is from: Hark! A Vagrant (Hardcover)
I'm not in the business of reviews, unfortunately. All I can say is.

+ Well drawn. Beaton has a knack for making even obscure characters recognizable with only a few lines, and she brings out the emotion and character through these squiggles like an expert

+ Hilarious. Even if you don't know who the historical figures or literary figures are, you'll still get a laugh. Beaton knows how to draw them out of you with sometimes the characters not even saying a word.

Bottom line, this book is well worth your time and money. Give it up and laugh yourself and guests at your home out with this great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and hilarious throughout, Oct. 11 2011
This review is from: Hark! A Vagrant (Hardcover)
As a huge fan of 'Hark! a Vagrant' comics I was thrilled to lean there was a compilation of them for sale. Especially so that I could introduce my friends to them with the book.
Received it after a speedy shipping and am very happy with all aspects of the book, the size, wight, feel, quality, and the sheer quantity of comics included too!
I was already laughing by the time I was half way through the forward (by Kate Beaton herself), and was tearing up by the first comic.
The facial expressions of the characters are as funny as the dialogue if not more, I just adore these comics. I URGE anyone and everyone to read 'Hark! A Vagrant' online, and buy the book too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous book, Dec 30 2011
This review is from: Hark! A Vagrant (Hardcover)
Was so happy about this book. It arrived the day after I ordered it and looks absolutely beautiful. I definitely recommend it if you're a fan of Kate Beaton or of anything funny in general.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, historical comics, Nov. 24 2011
T. Gokcen - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hark! A Vagrant (Hardcover)
A playful art style with straightforward character expressions dutifully serves as a medium for parodying historical events and tropes, important people, and popular literature. Entertaining to read even if you don't understand some of the references -- it may even encourage you to learn more about the past.

ARRAY(0xb4c97a38)

Hark! A Vagrant
Hark! A Vagrant by Kate Beaton (Hardcover - Sept. 27 2011)
CDN$ 19.95 CDN$ 14.40