march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 9, 2016
I get the jokes but they are not that funny. Kind of bland and self-indulgent. To me the great reviews are way overrated.
on December 17, 2015
Quick delivery, perfect condition. Laugh out loud funny book.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon November 7, 2015
Hark! A Vagrant, from the author Kate Beaton, an anthology of the popular webcomic of the same name is a hoot! Beaton perfectly melds simplistic, yet endearing drawings with witty, sometimes crude, but always hilarious commentary. Quite a few literally and historical jokes in her comics, so would make a great gift for a big brained history buff.

Even though I know little about history I still found these comics hilarious. The unexpected blending of random and often ridiculous humour with wry observations pairs perfectly with the drawing style. Bought this for my husband and ending up reading it as well!
on January 26, 2015
Excellent book that also makes a great gift. What else has she been up to lately?
on January 12, 2015
Hahahaha, sigh.
on September 9, 2013
Brilliant, funny, engaging and even educational in some parts! If I don't get one of the comics, I immediately want to do background research so I can fully appreciate the Beaton's sharp tongue in cheek comedy that never fails to make me giggle mischievously.
on July 17, 2013
I really loved it. So funny and clever! Thanks Amazon for making it so easy to find and purchase. Next time I want a book I'll go through this company
And oh so wonderful it is. Kate Beaton is a gem. Her take on the moments of history is wry, witty, wise and downright funny. Everyone should read this book.
on December 30, 2011
Was so happy about this book. It arrived the day after I ordered it and looks absolutely beautiful. I definitely recommend it if you're a fan of Kate Beaton or of anything funny in general.
on November 24, 2011
A playful art style with straightforward character expressions dutifully serves as a medium for parodying historical events and tropes, important people, and popular literature. Entertaining to read even if you don't understand some of the references -- it may even encourage you to learn more about the past.