Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: PaperbackChange

on September 29, 2011
I purchased this book because it was part of the required text reading for the Beginners JavaScript course I was taking. Not only is it horribly written for anybody who's not used to this kind of jargon, it's riddled with errors. If it wasn't for the example files available for download, a person would be pulling their hair out trying to figure out why the exercises in the book are not working. As a new person to JavaScript, I shouldn't have to be concerned about whether the author/editor got it's act together and printed the book accurately.

After my course is finished, I will be putting this book in the recycling bin, and buying something better for reference material.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2011
I purchased this book because it was specified as the textbook to be used for an introductory Javascript course I will be taking. When trying out the examples mentioned in this book I immediately noticed that there are quite a few areas where the code is not correct or is missing entirely. Some examples include showing a "=" in place of "+=" and missing function definitions.

This will only serve to confuse students who are new to programming with Javascript.

The example data that can be downloaded from the publishers website is correct, however. Perhaps they noticed the problems and fixed these (but forgot to fix the contents of the books).
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse