5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Dec 26 2013
This review is from: Hello Baby (Paperback)
Great book if you are having a home birth and have youngsters to prep for the big day. My 2 year old loves this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book celebrating birth with love and warmth, May 2 2013
This review is from: Hello Baby (Paperback)
I love this book. The family welcome a baby through the eyes of a young boy. It is told with innocence, warmth and the excitement of welcoming a new family member. The illustrations by Julie Vivas are touching and beautiful. It was the perfect way to prepare our daughter the arrival of our baby brother - she knew exactly what to expect and welcomed him with great delight. A perfect choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely way to discuss birth with kids., Feb. 8 2012
This review is from: Hello Baby (Paperback)
This book tells the story of a family celebrating the arrival of their new baby brother. It makes birth normal and natural, not scary and secret. It shows how a baby is born in terms appropriate for children - the truth, but nothing too graphic. We are planning a homebirth for our baby on the way, but even if you aren't, I'd recommend this book as a good way to teach your kids about birth. Mine have been asking "How does the baby get out?" and this was a good way to help them understand the way babies are born, without giving them more than they can handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST birth book ever!!, June 22 2011
Amanda (Ile Perrot, QC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hello Baby (Paperback)
So many books written to prepare older siblings talk about Mommy disappearing and reappearing with a new baby, and even worse, bottle feeding with no mention of breastfeeding!! This book is PERFECT for anyone preparing for a homebirth, and even anyone not preparing for a homebirth but wanting their older kids to really understand how babies come into this world. It's beautifully written, simple and true. My kids were proud to tell the midwife that they already knew what the placenta was!! haha

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential book!, Sept. 6 2010
This review is from: Hello Baby (Paperback)
The most wonderful book to prepare a young child to the homebirth or natural birth of a sibling. Images are beautiful - descriptive but in a very normal, down-to-earth way. Our 3 yo daughter looooves it. We are planning a homebirth with a midwife and this book shows very well how it will happen. Don't hesitate to get this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book on Home Birth, Feb. 1 2010
S. Purcell (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hello Baby (Paperback)
I recently ordered this book for my almost 3 year old. We are expecting our second baby in a few months. If you are planning on having a home birth or even any kind of natural birth, this is a beautiful book. It is written from the perspective of the 3 year old son about the preparation for his Mom's home birth. From getting the bed ready by the fire, to the arrival of the midwife, to the birth of the baby, to all the family cuddling up together to sleep after its all over. Its all very captivating and fun. The illustrations are well done as well. I would highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to show their kids about a normal and beautifully depicted home birth.

5.0 out of 5 stars tastefully and beautifully writtten, Dec 15 2009
This review is from: Hello Baby (Hardcover)
We used this book to prepare our three year old for the birth of their sibling at home. It was wonderfully and beautifully illustrated. I'll be honest, it does show the baby emerging, but its done very tactfully. Not too much information and not too little.
Enjoy!

Hello Baby
Hello Baby by Jenni Overend (Paperback - Jan. 1 2008)
CDN$ 11.03