march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 22, 2011
So many books written to prepare older siblings talk about Mommy disappearing and reappearing with a new baby, and even worse, bottle feeding with no mention of breastfeeding!! This book is PERFECT for anyone preparing for a homebirth, and even anyone not preparing for a homebirth but wanting their older kids to really understand how babies come into this world. It's beautifully written, simple and true. My kids were proud to tell the midwife that they already knew what the placenta was!! haha
on February 11, 2015
I love this book. I read it countless times with my three year old while expecting my second baby, and it really helped him understand what the birth might be like. When he came into the bedroom and saw his baby sister moments after she was born, he said, "Now daddy is going to cut the umbilical cord!" then he ran into his room to get this book and turned it to that page. Sharing this book with my son was a special part of my pregnancy.
on December 8, 2014
The only book I know of about home birth, with warm, interesting, and lovely illustrations. It was helpful for us as we prepared to welcome our own new baby at home. My three year old still requests it, and she clearly enjoys seeing parts of her own experience reflected in the story.
on May 2, 2013
I love this book. The family welcome a baby through the eyes of a young boy. It is told with innocence, warmth and the excitement of welcoming a new family member. The illustrations by Julie Vivas are touching and beautiful. It was the perfect way to prepare our daughter the arrival of our baby brother - she knew exactly what to expect and welcomed him with great delight. A perfect choice.
on February 8, 2012
This book tells the story of a family celebrating the arrival of their new baby brother. It makes birth normal and natural, not scary and secret. It shows how a baby is born in terms appropriate for children - the truth, but nothing too graphic. We are planning a homebirth for our baby on the way, but even if you aren't, I'd recommend this book as a good way to teach your kids about birth. Mine have been asking "How does the baby get out?" and this was a good way to help them understand the way babies are born, without giving them more than they can handle.
on February 1, 2010
I recently ordered this book for my almost 3 year old. We are expecting our second baby in a few months. If you are planning on having a home birth or even any kind of natural birth, this is a beautiful book. It is written from the perspective of the 3 year old son about the preparation for his Mom's home birth. From getting the bed ready by the fire, to the arrival of the midwife, to the birth of the baby, to all the family cuddling up together to sleep after its all over. Its all very captivating and fun. The illustrations are well done as well. I would highly recommend this book for anyone who wants to show their kids about a normal and beautifully depicted home birth.
on September 6, 2010
The most wonderful book to prepare a young child to the homebirth or natural birth of a sibling. Images are beautiful - descriptive but in a very normal, down-to-earth way. Our 3 yo daughter looooves it. We are planning a homebirth with a midwife and this book shows very well how it will happen. Don't hesitate to get this book!
on October 10, 2015
I may just have been pumped full of pregnancy hormones but this book was so nice it made me cry the first time we read it. Was a beautiful story of a family home birth
on June 17, 2015
This book helped my 6 year old daughter so much to understand and prepare for my second daughter's home birth. Every family planning a home birth should get it.
on December 15, 2009
We used this book to prepare our three year old for the birth of their sibling at home. It was wonderfully and beautifully illustrated. I'll be honest, it does show the baby emerging, but its done very tactfully. Not too much information and not too little.
Enjoy!