5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful new way to prepare food!
Excellent recipes - really enjoy this book. I would highly recommend this to everyone who enjoys experimenting with a new way of cooking.
Published 7 months ago by Sharon Kanik

3.0 out of 5 stars Gillie Basan Tagine
Published 7 months ago by Sheila Barnes

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful new way to prepare food!, Feb. 12 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Gillie Basan Tagine, Feb. 4 2014
This review is from: Tagine (Hardcover)
I am a little disappointed in the book There are many recipes which call for lamb.I understand lamb is used a great deal in Moroccan cuisine. However as it is such an expensive meat to buy I rarely do so.I would have liked to see more recipes for chicken and vegetarian. The book also has less recipes than I anticipated.To date I ahe not tried any so will see how it goes wen I do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic and unusual, Jan. 11 2012
This review is from: Tagine (Hardcover)
Ghillie Basan wrote a brief but approachable book to explore Moroccan cuisine. I found the Lamb and Chestnut recipe very different than expected. The kitchen smelled like cinnamon for hours, certainly not hard to enjoy. The dish turned out a bit sweet for my tastes but interesting nevertheless. Looking forward to trying more from this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Authentic & Easy to follow, Oct. 30 2011
Michele Stanley (Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tagine (Hardcover)
I have enjoyed cooking the occaisional Moroccan dish for many years, but after a trip there in 2009, I decided to expand my repertoire. These recipes are easy to follow and reliable. If you don't live in a city where some ingredients are readily available, you may need to make some items at home (preserved lemons & rad el hanout). I've had many dinner parties and always have requests for the recipes. If you enjoy cooking, this is a great book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tagine, Aug. 3 2011
This review is from: Tagine (Hardcover)
Using a tagine is complex and the worst fear is that every time you use one the flavors are going to be the same as the last time you made something. This book is helpful in ensuring each dish has its own purpose and flavors. It is well written and presented.

Doug Murray

Tagine
Tagine by Ghillie Basan (Hardcover - Aug. 15 2007)
CDN$ 20.95 CDN$ 15.12