countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools

Format: Hardcover|Change

on March 17, 2011
I received a tagine for Christmas and decided to buy Tagines & Couscous by Ghillie Basan as my first Moroccan cookbook. I was so impressed with the photography and the quality of the recipes that I decided to make a video review showing not only the book but also several of the dishes that I made using this excellent, authentic cookbook. I hope that you find it helpful.
on January 20, 2013
I received a tagine for Christmas last year (2012) from my brother and used this book to make my second dish: the butternut squash tagine with almonds and sultanas. It turned out looking just like photo. I modified it slightly, adding black-mustard seed to the olive oil at the beginning to give it an additionally nutty flavour.

I also tried it with a spice melange from a seller in BC, listed here in Amazon: Sultana Spice World Blends. They also have a Ras el Hanout and a "Moroccan Magic" blend. These were so fragrant that when they arrived in a bubble-wrap package, we could smell them through it. Delicious! I used the "Hot Hot Maroc" with additional roasted cumin and grated ginger too. Today is -30C outside and this was a perfect, toasty, cozy dish for dinner.

on September 15, 2010
Beautiful pictures! Recipes easy to follow (with or without a tagine). Recipes have excellent explanations for those of us in North America.
on November 4, 2015
Everything in this book I have tried has been fantastic, flavourful and relatively simple to prepare. As a newcomer to tagine cooking I am hooked! The buttery couscous recipe is worth the price on it's own.
on December 30, 2013
This book is nicely illustrates, and gives a lot of history about the cuisine. I highly recommend it for all skill levels.
on January 8, 2013
I love this cookbook. Not only does it teach you how to make couscous delicious, but the meat recipes are slow simmered juicy and flavourful! You don't need an actual tagine to make these recipes.
on December 31, 2013
If only I cooked with my tagine all the time I'd be able to try more of these great recipes. Easy to follow and great pictures. Very easy way to slow cook great meals
on July 4, 2013
All the recipes I have made are easy to follow and really yummy. Beautiful pictures. I bought one for a friend as a gift and they are enjoying as much as I am.
on July 7, 2016
Lots of great recopies and detailed instructions for beginners too.
on February 8, 2016
Tried 2 of the recipes, one was great and the other was quite bad.