5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Introduction!, Sept. 10 2001
Pheonix (Exit 8A, New Joursey Turnpike) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Introducing Nietzsche (Paperback)
I perused this book in a bookstore and found myself not being able to put the book down. I returned the next day, and read more of it, then decided that this book is well worth the ..., especially since it makes you think and begin to question things around you that you have accepted all your life. This book, in my opinion, is great for anybody interested in Nietzsche or Philosophy- not only is it entertaining, but it gives a nice overview of his life and his works- and is a great starter for anyone who doesn't know where to start with Nietzche. If you are Christian or one who associates with a religion, you may find some of Nietzche's ideas a bit offensive. But even if you are, or if you have already been questioning things like 'culture' and religion, you will smile when you read this book.
Nevertheless, it's good just to read this book- no matter what angle you're coming from, it's always good to know different views, and this is one view you don't want to miss. You will smile at how Nietzche came about gaining so much self knowledge, and by doing this, he came up with his unique and provacative ideas.
I'd highly recommend this book, as well as the others in the series. If you want to go on a journey with your mind, this is a good place to start, well worth the ... that would go towards buying some non-necessity anyways. Hopefully in the end, like Nietzche, you'll find your own philosophy and go your own way, not some way that you did not choose.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great starting point, Aug. 26 2001
Nota Rikon (Denton, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Introducing Nietzsche (Paperback)
I am a fan of all the books in the Introducing series, but this was one of my favourites. Very clear and easy to understand. This is a good place to start if you are interested in Nietzsche but overwhelmed by the amount of material available. Includes an excellent concise list of further reading. The illustrations in this selection are not as helpful as in the other intro books but are still amusing and add entertainment to the text. I read this book in one sitting because I couln't bring myself to put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun, readable overview of nietzsche, Dec 5 1999
P. Falstad (Edina, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Introducing Nietzsche (Paperback)
A concise overview of Nietzsche's life and work, and his influence on later thinkers. Even though I am not familiar with the technical language of philosophy, I found it very clear and easy to read, and finished it in one sitting. It also put to rest my concern about possible connections to the Nazis. Cute illustrations.

ARRAY(0xaf053aa4)

Introducing Nietzsche
Introducing Nietzsche by Piero (Paperback - Sept. 23 2008)
CDN$ 12.50 CDN$ 11.25