4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Reference Book, Jan. 2 2010
Stanley Lui (Waterloo, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
Very exhaustive, and very nicely laid out. Lots of gorgeous photos. I'm a bit spoiled by online encyclopedias, so it's nice to see paper versions actually making use of their strengths. I do have a few issues with this book, but they're fairly minor.

Firstly, it's a bit annoying that the larger articles are placed out of order so as to fit them onto pages without interruption. Second, the photos should be captioned, or at least referenced in their respective article; there are some photos I simply cannot identify for certain. And finally, there is a notable shortage of LISTS. Say I want to find out about the a Torchwood member who appeared in one episode, but I don't know her name. I should be able to check the Torchwood entry and find a list of their members. I understand that there is a premium on space in any book, but I think these additions would be very useful nonetheless.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book about the Doctor, Feb. 2 2012
This review is from: Doctor Who Encyclopedia (New Edition) (Hardcover)
If today you want to buy just a single book about the Doctor, this definitely is the one. 400 pages, glossy and excellent quality pictures on every page. Very interesting articles to read. Please remember, many customer reviews on this page supposedly related to this book, actually refer to the previous versions of it (check the dates of other reviews: Jan 2 2010, Mar 10 2008, and etc.). My review is related to the very LATEST Doctor Who Encyclopedia (New Edition) [Hardcover]. If you a fan of the Doctor buy this book while you still can, it's my very strong advice to you. The price is ridiculously low: $26.30. I received this book by mail yesterday, went through it, it exceeded all my expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Dec 16 2014
This review is from: Doctor Who Encyclopedia (New Edition) (Hardcover)
Nice book

Doctor Who Encyclopedia (New Edition)
Doctor Who Encyclopedia (New Edition) by Gary Russell (Hardcover - Oct. 13 2011)
CDN$ 49.99 CDN$ 31.34