4.0 out of 5 stars Floral Abundance
Published on Feb. 24 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars O.K., I guess..........
Published on June 9 2000 by shannon watson

4.0 out of 5 stars Floral Abundance, Feb. 24 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Wedding Flowers: More Than Sixty Beautiful Arrangements (Paperback)
In preparation of a wedding in 1992 this was the first floral book I had ever read, and I loved it immediately! With wonderful photographs that evoke feelings of the Elizabethan period, and lush English gardens it is visually stunning to look at. While most of these arrangements do represent a larger, free-form style, they also exemplify rich color, and texture combinations that are less common in today's magazines.
For couples who will base their wedding around a period theme, or plan to have an outdoors event I highly recommend this book. Also keep in mind that professional florists can downscale most any arrangement should its size become an issue.
Though admittedly not a "step by step" manual it lists complete information for each theme throughout the book, and does contain basic instructions towards the back. However, for brides that desire to make their own bouquets I would not suggest this serve as your guide unless having had prior experience.
A companion book too this one which may seem more up to date is "Festive Flowers" by Paula Pryke. It contains unique, and vibrant designs that are a must see.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!, June 23 2000
By A Customer
I was so anxious to get this book but it turned out to be such a disappointment. I sent this book back to Amazon the very next day! Everything was so outdated (it looked like it was from the 70s and 80s). Some arrangements might have been OK if you were having an informal outdoor, country wedding. Too many LARGE, 'busy' arrangements -- lacked simplicity and elegance.

2.0 out of 5 stars O.K., I guess.........., June 9 2000
I got this book to either help me design my own wedding flowers or to get ideas for my florist. I think I could have found better pictures in the bride magazines. The book had some pretty flowers but most of the arrangements were just O.K. or outdated. There wasn't a very large variety of boquets to look at, it was mostly composed of the similar large arrangements with different flowers. Don't get me wrong, it did show a few diagrams on constructing arrangements, but it was nothing to get excited about.

Wedding Flowers: More Than Sixty Beautiful Arrangements
Wedding Flowers: More Than Sixty Beautiful Arrangements by Fiona Barnett (Paperback - Dec 31 1999)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01