on November 2, 2001
This book was very helpful not only with phrases, but with everyday things to be aware of. It made my stay in Egypt more pleasant.
on October 28, 2001
This is definitely one of the best phrase books out there. While living in Cairo I took it almost everywhere I went, using it a countless number of times each day. Its accuracy - in terms of Egypt's unique colloquial - is unrivalled by other phrase books I used while in the region. It has very few - if any - flaws and at under five dollars is of excellent value. Highly recommended.
on July 25, 2001
The "Egyptian Arabic, a rough guide phrasebook" was pretty good. It clearly tells you how to speak Arabic. Within minuets my friend and I were having a pointless conversation that envolved words taken from all over the book. The only thing wrong with the book was that it was hard to tell if you were saying the words corectly or not. It should really have better Pronunciation for the words. This book is a pocket-sized book so its easy to carry around. I'm only 13, but I recomend this book to anyone who wants to learn Arabic.