march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

on March 5, 2004
I have read both this book and The Four Agreements several times now and each time I learn something new. After reading this book, you feel that you are completely in control of your life, and of the consequences of the choices you make. This book not only teaches you how to improve the relationships of people in your life, but, more importantly, it teaches you how to improve the relationship you have with yourself. It is well written and read very easily in a few days time. Each time I start to read this book, I don't want to put it down.
When I review a book, I usually like to at least say at least one thing that could be improved about the book. However, with this book, I can only say good things. It's well worth the money, and well worth the time to read. I have recommended it to several of my friends, telling them if it doesn't change their life, I will reimburse them for the cost of the book. So far, I haven't had to reimburse a single person!
on July 14, 2003
Some reviewers complain that this book repeats what was written in the Four Agreements. I've read the Four Agreements as well as this book. I appreciated both in their focus on different aspects of the same concept. My suggestion is to realize what subject you're seeking advice on. I'm sure each book is written so as to be stand-alone, therefore, it will teach the same basic principles in each one.
I really like the books, and highly recommend them. It was a surprise to find that it reaffirmed my own self-discoveries. I never even heard of the Toltecs until I found these books. It makes my own personal journey toward happiness that much easier.
I think this book should be required reading for everyone. I would only change the order in which these books should be read. In school, you learn theory before you learn the practical application. My opinion is that you read the Mastery of Love first, then the Four Agreements. The Mastery of Love is the theory, how and why we should love, and what benefits derive from this love. The Four Agreements teach us guidelines in achieving this mastery of love, and any other mastery the Toltecs ascribe to. Read this book and share it with everyone.
on August 9, 2002
I love this little book! There have only been two or three books in my entire life which have had as much practical and personal impact as this one.
It is written lucidly and directly. What is more important in this world than learning about love: love of yourself and love in all of our relationships? This isn't like most hokey-pokey "love" books out there. Mr. Ruiz cuts through the bull, the illusions, the old patterns, and really gets to the heart of what it means to have love as a powerful presence in your life. He gives analogies which are very helpful, and he doesn't just tell us what we want to hear. We are responsible for the state of our relationships. This book comes from a place of self-responsibility for the state/the dream of mature relationships.
I first read this book when I was going through a divorce. This book heals, and not just by hand-holding and patting you on the back. It comes from a place of love, so the book is kind, but like I said... it uncovers the truth. It's a quick, powerful read. When I feel like the clarity I have about my relationships is fuzzy, I return to his words. They help me to cut out the nonsense and get to the source. I feel clearer, lighter, stronger and wiser every time I pick up it up and start to consider his words. Ruiz is compassionate about his presentation. He understands where we are at and how we got here. He also has a vision for how relationships of love can be that inspires me completely and feels true.
This book is like a reverse infection. It spreads from person to person, but the infection is a healing one--medicine for our spiritual and emotional wounds. Not only did it help me let go of my divorce and heal from that pain, but when I was ready for a new relationship I noticed a marked difference in the way I related to my man, my love, after I read this book. I accepted him as he was-- beyond where I was ever able to before. I didn't take his "stuff" personally where I might have before. I also found a vast compassion for him and a greater capacity for intimacy. Yet, at the same time I became clearer and more confident about my own needs and desires. It decreased my need to control/manipulate aspects of my life or people, and opened up a world of choices. Miguel Ruiz's words changed my thinking, so I could choose my behavior in any given moment. It has improved my ability to relate and the quality of my relationships.
This is a gift: a direct result of reading this book. The Mastery of Love helped me to reshape old patterns of thinking and behavior. It didn't just fill me with information; it impacted and increased my level of consciousness. From there I was able to heal myself and act in less reactionary, more creative ways.
Get it. Read it. Pass it on. But don't try to take mine, because you could not wrestle it from me...
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for this beautiful little book.
on March 9, 2016
What a beautiful perspective offered about the Dream that we call "reality" and how to rid our bodies of emotional poisons in order to exist in the Dream with nothing but Love, which is found WITHIN OURSELVES, and not to be sought out in other people.
A great read for anyone. Get in touch with your spirit, and see the Dream for what it REALLY is
on March 1, 2016
Awesome book. I got it as a gift from my best friend. I started reading it and was so moved, so changed, in a positive way. My daughter listened as I read to her and she ended up borrowing the book to take home with her. I immediately ordered another copy and starting re-reading it. I have ordered it for other women as gifts because it has a powerful and positive message for anyone who's interested in living true, authentic and love filled lives!
on February 4, 2004
THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ ON SELF LOVE.
The author really makes one think about the lack of self-love we have and how we have been domesticated from such an early age to shelter our true self to be what we think others want for us to be. This book was so profound for me at a time in my life, when I realized that I needed to be myself, and love myself regardless to if others loved and accepted me...this book was a real eye opener...Buy this one a re-read as needed...it is worth every penny.
on May 29, 2004
This book, like the title says, is about the art of relationship. Don Miguel Ruiz's explanation as to how love can be is very inspiring. He also points out that it must start with love for yourself. That love is a fantastic experience, a devine experience, and not something to take for granted, to obtain through guilt, manipulation, etc. This book is relevant to all types of relationships .... friendship, spouse, children, other relatives. A very worth while read.
on January 30, 2004
My favorite chapter was "the magical kitchen". It truly showed me in retrospect that once you TRULY love yourself you will only do what is in the best interst for your heart and soul. I was in a very dark relationship with a cruel man at the beginning of this book, and by the end I was single and also figured out how I would never allow such disrespect if I loved myself. Since this book has come into my life I love being in my own skin. I have re-read this book several times and my dating life as well as my alone time is so much more pleasureable. I have learned to love myself entirely. Don wrote this book in such a way that regardless what your situation is while reading it by the time you are finished you just feel different. You are finally seeing things with open eyes as things truly are. I reccomend this book to anyone who would like to work on themselves because this book is not how to change your man/woman it is what needs to be improved in you.
on April 29, 2014
What a great book! Gives you a different perspective on life with great storytelling… Recommended for anyone that is open minded and that wants to become a better person… Talks a lot about how to be with yourself and others…I mean, how many relationships do we have in this world??? LOTS so this is a great way to be free with every relationship you have, including the relationship with yourself.

on March 9, 2014
I've read this book twice through already and find myself constantly referring to it in everyday life, and revisiting certain sections to remind me of certain things. Highly recommended for those who are interested in creating and fostering human relationships.