5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a Wonderful and Complete Book on Sprouting
Published on Sept. 18 2002 by TOM8PIE

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Book
I'm very happy to have received this book. Wonderful ideas and growing instructions which are especially helpful for the winter time when fresh greens are not as readily available at the stores. No additives, all natural and extremely healthy!
Published 15 months ago by Beve Hebert

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a Wonderful and Complete Book on Sprouting, Sept. 18 2002
Ce commentaire est de: Sprouts: The Miracle Food: The Complete Guide to Sprouting (Paperback)
This is a great book for a person who is interested in sprouting; it is very detailed and is truly full of very interesting and useful information. The book also helps to nullify a lot of the myth about toxins and hidden dangers in sprouts. The real dangers, in actuality, exist in cooked, processed, adulterated, toyed-with, sprayed, chemicalized, distorted foods (which our grocery shelves are full of). I am now 50 years old. Back in my youthful college days, I used to sprout a great deal, eating living foods exclusively. Though I stayed being a vegetarian, I got back into the cooked food craze... eating food like it was a drug for "taste" only. I work with the multiply handicapped and even though I am a teacher I have to do a lot of lifting (of adults who are not at all feather-weight). My arthritis (which runs in the family) was killing me, despite taking all kinds of natural and man made supplements. Getting back to live food was the answer I needed. Steve's book was inspirational and very helpful. I should have never deviated from what was truly the most nutritious way to eat!
There are many ways of sprouting. I happen to like the sproutpeople.com sprouters best of all. Steve's book is a priceless tool for anyone interested in sprouting... it has all kinds of neat tips and suggestions.
Also, one suggests doing a web search on Dr. Budwig's Diet... as most people are seriously deficient in essential fatty acids of the proper type. I take my oil with a little bit of live yogurt.
Anyway... I would not want Steve's book, including his Kitchen Garden book... missing from my shelves!
As Hippocrates said: "Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food."

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comprehensive and helpful, April 20 2002
Lori (Oregon Coast) - See all my reviews
Yes, as one person noted, the humor is sort of out of place. Bad puns throughout. I'm still giving it a 5 because it's the most helpful sprout book I've seen.
Friends of mine recommended it to me - they have an attractive set-up of baskets of sprouts growing in little seed-germinator covered plastic trays. They are thrilled with the book, and we are excited about starting to sprout. We did sprouts years ago in jars, but this system is better.
Though the book could be more condensed, it's still an easy read in a few hours. And where else is this vital information available in such thorough detail? If you are considering sprouting, you will find the information valuable.

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what it says it is, March 29 2009
Exactly what it says it is - a complete guide to sprouting, jam-packed with lots of information and new ideas. Steve 'Sproutman' Meyerowitz is a bit wacky but very interesting, a zealous advocate of raw food who claims he was cured of a variety of ailments after filling his New York apartment with greenery. "Sprout House" came to feed dozens of people, and Meyerowitz shares with us his findings about nutrition and indoor gardening.

This is a comprehensive guide, with a startling variety of potential sprouts, with many flavors, textures, and medicinal properties, all carefully documented. Step by step tips for growing, what kind of water to use, each sprout's level of difficulty, seed resources, nutritional and chemical compositions, and the Passion of the Sproutman all combine to make this a very useful, even definitive, book on the subject.

My own experiences have been quite simple, basic sprouting in a jar or bowl, and the results were quick and delicious. If you are at all interested in sprouting or raw food, this is a great book, recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Food for a healthier future, Dec 5 2013
Peter & Dani (Vancouver Island, BC Can) - See all my reviews
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Through books like this one we are discovering that sprouting is the new organic at 50 cents a pound. From a nutritional and food quality standpoint one just can't do better than sprouts. This book is very informative and a great resource for kitchen gardeners!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, Sept. 19 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent publication, June 11 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
All I wanted to know about sprouting. I am very pleasantly surprised to find all this useful information in one book and intend to use it for myself and family..

Sprouts: The Miracle Food: The Complete Guide to Sprouting
Sprouts: The Miracle Food: The Complete Guide to Sprouting by Steve Meyerowitz (Paperback - Jan. 12 2004)
Used & New from: CDN$ 6.81