summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 19, 1999
I used to think emotional ups and downs were a part of life until I read this book and found that the downs could be dealt with, and the ups could be enhanced. There are lots of chapters, including 8, which has wonderfully sensitive and understanding text, plus oils and formulas, for an A-Z of "emotional problems" from abuse, addictions,aggression, amnesia, anxiety, apathy ..... and that's just the A's! And it's all so thorough - Under addictions there's drug alcohol and nicotine addiction, each with suggested oils and recipes to use. But, hey, this book is about positive mind frame, so is equally thorough in it's advice for alertness, assertiveness, concentration, confidence, contentment, creativity, focus, happiness, joy, memory enhancement, peace, performance, positivity, restfulness, self-awareness, self-esteen, self image. DO I SOUND POSITIVE? It's no surprise - this works!
on February 27, 1999
I have been an aromatherapist for several years and am learning more everyday. Worwood is one of my favorite authors and her books are well organized easy to learn from and the receipts are easy to follow. I plan to add all of her books to my library. I just wish she would come to the US to teach! When I am working with clients in my store Valeries books are the first ones I reach for as reference material.
The results of working with aromatherapy still amaze me and would love to talk with anyone who has questions or needs help finding something pertaining to aromatherapy.
on February 17, 1999
Equally as good as "The Complete Book of E.O.", Valeria Worwood has written extensively on the workings of the mind and how essential oils work on effecting emotional healing. Emotional problems, holistic therapies for treatment and healing professionals are discussed. That's just part one! She also covers the psychological "traits" of 45 essential oils, giving a personality profile of the e.o. This book is not a beginners book; however, someone with understanding of Aromatherapy should read this book!
on July 18, 2000
I have not had the good fortune to see a copy of Worwood's other books The Complete Guide to Essential Oils, which I understand is a bible of sorts, and Aromantics, whose title intrigues me very much. The Fragrant Mind is daring in the sense that it espouses a very unique theory, that of classifying personalities based on the scents they prefer. I may not necessarily totally agree with Worwood, and I have had difficulty figuring out what personality type I have based on her system, but this book is definitely interesting reading, especially if you're an aromatherapy fan like I am. Buy it if only to round out your aromatherapy library. You will find yourself picking it up from time and time to read up on her one-of-a-kind personality descriptions.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 30, 2012
There are numerous recipes for essential oil combinations to treat many conditions related to stress, emotional and mental health and other health concerns. This is as good as her book The Fragrant Pharmacy. Generally for practitioners with some knowledge and experience using essential oil therapies.
on October 22, 2000
This book gives a deeper understading of aromatherapy. Essential oils are much more than something you use for a certain symptom, and Valerie Ann Worwood gets that message through in her book.
on January 20, 2016
I have all her books and find them absolutely wonderful. If you need a cure/solution spiritually, emotionally, or health wise she has many ways to direct you. Amazing.
on February 9, 2016
Love this book. Spiritually you will be able to connect with essential oils. Wonderful!
on November 30, 2015
Informative and a pleasure to read.
on June 21, 2015