5.0 out of 5 stars Foaming at the mouth for the next in the series!
Published on Oct. 17 2003 by Ladibugz

3.0 out of 5 stars It might be by Stephen King but it does not read like one.
This book was very indecisive in the writing. It had great detail in the describing of the character. The author would not say names until he talked about the person or character for a few pages. That is what confused me the most. Yet it is a good book; if you like Stephen King's writing you will like this book.
Published on Feb. 20 2002 by matt graham

5.0 out of 5 stars Foaming at the mouth for the next in the series!, Oct. 17 2003
Ladibugz "Ladibugz" (Louisville, Kentucky United States) - See all my reviews
This series is outstanding!!!! True King fans love it, and I think it's an interesting change for those who may not care for King's normal "horror" genre. Bits and pieces of this masterpiece are hinted at in many of King's other books,a nice "inside joke" for King's Constant Reader. This series grabbed me and would not let go! I've read them all at least twice and like the header says, I'm foaming at the mouth for the "Wolves of Calla" to come out. This is a beautiful set and a series that could be as much of a fantasy classic as the likes of The Lord of the Rings trilogy. HIGHLY ADDICTIVE! Once you read the first page of just one in this series you'll be compelled to read every one of them!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gunslinger, Oct. 7 2003
Elizabeth Enat-hung (Manila, Philippines) - See all my reviews
I was hook on the Gunslinger back in 1984, but was only able to find 2 of the series and only in paperback. I have been a fan of Stephen King since I was in the U.S. Army bootcamp. I have been checking every now and then to find the rest. Thanks to Amazon I've order the entire series and in hard bound.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read; pleasantly addictive., June 19 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger/The Drawing of the Three/The Waste Lands (Hardcover)
This series is the quite possibly Stephen King's greatest work! I've read the first four books in the last week; drugs are not nearly as addictive as the Dark Tower Series. I've definitely have becom a "TOWER JUNKIE". Do yourself a favor and buy this now; your only disappointment will be having to wait for the release of the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, Feb. 4 2003
Valerie (Born in Brooklyn NY livin' in England) - See all my reviews
This book ,in my opinion, is the greatest series I have ever read. If you ever wanted to read anything by Stephen King you should read this. The fact that I bothered to write a review (i usualy don't) speaks volumes about how truly amazing this story is.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dark Tower Series, Dec 13 2002
Suzanne M. Barker (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
Wow. I really enjoyed this series of books. Stephen King at his best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tolkien Eat Your Heart Out..., Dec 1 2002
Mr J C Nadin (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have read lord of the rings and I have read the dark tower series. There is no question which is the better of the two. Tolkien can't even grasp the kind of story telling ability King has shown in these books. These books combine horror, love, fantasy, western, comedy, religion and more. You haven't read anything until you have joined in the quest for the dark tower.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Modern Lord of the Rings!, Aug. 2 2002
The Dark Tower series is Stephen King's masterwork. Although it is not yet complete, so far, in my humble opinion, this series should be considered the "Lord of the Rings" of our time. It contains equal doses of fantasy, sci-fi, and horror. If you are a fan of Stephen King, J.R.R. Tolkien, or are just looking for a new series to start on after LOTR, check this amazing series out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't really like King but LOVE this one, March 25 2002
Although I do not think Stephen King is such an exciting writer, this here series is breathtaking - I cannot really believe he was the one who wrote this. Better than any of his other work. Dark, involving, imaginative beyond belief.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Dark Tower, Feb. 22 2002
Little D (Stocktucky, Michigan) - See all my reviews
"The man in Black fled across the desert,and the gunslinger followed." Those spellbinding words make your imagination go wild. Atleast they did for me. I personally thought about those words for a good twenty minutes. While the whole class was reading I was thinking about the book, and those words impaticular. The rest of the book is just great, and I reccomend it to anyone who hasn't had the oppurtunity to read a great book.This was my very first book read from cover to cover.Believe it or not, and it wont be the last. I've watched many of Steven King's movies and in my opinion they are good, but is books are twice as good. I really like the way he introduces characters, explains the plot, and I suggest this book to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Dark Tower, Feb. 22 2002
Little D (Stocktucky, Michigan) - See all my reviews
"The man in Black fled across the desert,and the gunslinger followed". Those spellbinding words make your imagination go wild. Atleast they did for me. I personally thought about those words for a good twenty minutes. While the whole class was reading I was thinking about the book, and those words impaticular. The rest of the book is just great, and I reccomend it to anyone who hasn't had the oppurtunity to read a great book.This was my very first book read from cover to cover.Believe it or not, and it wont be the last. I've watched many of Steven King's movies and in my opinion they are good, but is books are twice as good. I really like the way he introduces characters, explains the plot, and I suggest this book to anyone.

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger/The Drawing of the Three/The Waste Lands