4.0 out of 5 stars Applies to all types of relationships
I'm kinky, poly and queer and I found this book to be useful. Yes, it's garnished with biblical quotes and marriage elitism but the five love languages I believe can be relevant to everyone nevertheless.

Published 14 months ago by Charlaine

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple and to the point
Published on Feb. 26 2008 by Renosiris

4.0 out of 5 stars Applies to all types of relationships, Feb. 4 2013

It kind of reminds me of the Myers-Briggs personality tests - remember those? They helped us measure how social and how intro/extroverted we are, etc. Well, it's kind of like that in this book. The author gets us to explore how we prefer to be loved so that we can communicate it better to our partner(s). Are you more likely to feel loved through touch? Gifts? Acts of service? Quality time? Loving words? A combination? Which one? What does it look like for you? What about your partner/s? Here's a whole new way to have a conversation about wants and needs!

Another tool in my toolbox!

5.0 out of 5 stars The 5 Love Languages - Secret to Love that Lasts, April 5 2013
I was amazed at how much insight this book gave me into my own needs. It made me understand what my love languages are, yes I can relate to at least two. By wording my needs in a different way it makes more sense to even myself. Would certainly recommend for couples to read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, March 18 2013
I think it is a must read for anybody who wants to communicate with their SO the right way. Read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Five Languages, March 16 2013
Love it and find it very helpful when I am talking with couples I am officiating their wedding service. Such a wonderful read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Couples, March 15 2013
This book is a must-have for couples! It really helps you understand your partner's love language and how to fill each other's "love tank" to have a better relationship. Thank you, Gary Chapman!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Fast transaction. Wonderful experience. Thanks!, March 14 2013
The book is very helpful and a pleasure to read. Thank you very much for this practical perspective. What is obvious to some needs to spelled out to others. This does that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it., March 8 2013
Again, love is a lifelong endeavor. Learning how to do this is very challenging and yet very rewarding. I am giving this book away to as many as I can.

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple and to the point, Feb. 26 2008
I bought this book as an additional aid to a University class that I'm taking. The message of it is very simple, and likely things that people have always noted before. I don't think that it really took a Doctor to write it. Anyone that thinks, feels, and observes their mate, can figure this stuff out. That being said, some people are oblivious, or perhaps don't realize something until it's said and the light bulb goes off.

People have different things that makes their heart tick. Each of us respond to love in different ways, and have different needs. The author boils seeing love displayed in five different ways, and when one identifies the language of love their mate speaks, then it will be easier to please them. For quite sometime I have been aware that I'm a "gift" person. I tend to give gifts to those I love, because I myself feel the most love from receiving them.

Keep in mind this book is highly Bible based. Some references are very obvious, others are going to be known only by those familiar with the Bible. Some Biblical passages are discussed by the author through the words "an ancient sage once wrote." Nearly everything quoted, including C.S Lewis, is because of their spiritual content. However, even if you aren't one for believing in the Bible, the passages used are still of value since they display common sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing!, April 5 2014
This book has helped me so much to better understand how to love my husband and how Iike to have love expressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing. ., April 4 2014
This book is amazing.i know this was written for married couples but tbh it has changed my life. After reading this book, I've discover my primary love languages which is quality time, and even some of my friends and members of my family. I've also realized why my past relationships didn't work, because I'd never spoken their love languages. Now, that I have knowledge how to show love effectively I will be more willing to speak their love languages consistently.
-aco