5.0 out of 5 stars RES in a nutshell
All you ever wanted to know about this particular yet popular pet. Easy to read, all topics covered, small, cheap, get it.
Published on May 26 2003 by Rafael Di Veroli

3.0 out of 5 stars So you want to get a turtle..
Published on May 1 2001 by slinda

5.0 out of 5 stars RES in a nutshell, May 26 2003
Rafael Di Veroli (Buenos Aires Argentina) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Red-Eared Sliders, Nov. 23 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Red-Eared Sliders (Paperback)
I like this book because it easy reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, basic information, Aug. 28 2001
J. Grattan (Lawrenceville, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red-Eared Sliders (Paperback)
This is a good basic book about red-eared sliders. You will learn details about sex identification and varieties, environmental needs, diseases, feeding, and even breeding. The author does a good job of describing the types and sizes of enclosures needed, water filtration, basking and light needs, and temperature. The need to have an easy system of water cleaning is emphasized. There is some discussion about recognizing symtoms of sickness and how to solve the problem usually either through changes in the environment or diet. Even with a book such as this, caring for turtles would definitely be somewhat of a learn as you go endeavor. This book can get one started but careful observation and fine tuning is required.

3.0 out of 5 stars So you want to get a turtle.., May 1 2001
This review is from: Red-Eared Sliders (Paperback)
On Friday, March 30, about 7:45 in the evening, my life changed dramatically. My daughter in law gave me a red eared slider turtle. Along with the turtle, came this book. The book is better than nothing, and certainly gives a long range picture of what to expect if keeping the turtle for the duraction of it's life. but I felt that the beginning stages of the animal's life cycle was far too brief. There needs to be a book that centers on very first steps with these animals. I've been a wreck for almost four weeks, becuase I still dont feel I have enough information to know what I'm doing well enough. I do not recommend this book as a single source. Only as one of many on turtles, if in fact others exist. I do applaud the author on stressing that turtles are not toys, let alone suitable pets for small children. Also, the part about keeping the turtle warm, which I am still fighting even with a reptile light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for beginning trainers, Feb. 1 2001
David (Montgomery, AL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red-Eared Sliders (Paperback)
This book is full of information that every beginning trainer should understand. I owned my turtles for over 4 months without this book. Then, when I ordered this book from ..., and I read it over 4 times, I started to apply what I had read with my turtles. I saw a tremendous change in them, they're shell got darker, which is a sign of good health, and they didn't get scared when I took them out of their tank. I hope if you are a beginner trainer, you will order this book, so your turtles can have a better life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great First Book!, May 3 2000
S.J.Bettwy (South Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red-Eared Sliders (Paperback)
Has ample information on caring for your slider. Plenty of illustrations and color pictures. It even provides some general info on keeping a few other commonly kept species. A great beginners book!

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential part of any turtle-lover's library., March 22 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: Red-Eared Sliders (Paperback)
Anyone who has ever wandered around a Petland discounts or some other pet/aquarium store surely must have seen a red-eared slider. They're usually sitting dumbly in a tank with a little water, lots of decorative rocks and plastic plants, with a humiliating handwritten sign taped to the glass that says "MUTANT NINJA TURTLES!" Well, if you ever pick up a copy of Vosjoli's book about the most common turtle in America, you're sure to find out that that's NOT the way sliders are supposed to live at all. Vosjoli, a herpetologist (someone who studies turtles), gives you the run-down on the do's and don'ts of red-eared slider care; he gives you tips on how to mate turtles, what temperature to keep their water at and how to prepare some good chow for these hungry, fast-growing creatures. He also provides information on many different varieties of red-eared sliders as well as other kinds of turtles, like soft-shell turtles or painted turtles, who are able to live in the same environment as red-eared slider. Short and susinct yet full of useful information, this book is a must read for lovers of these animals

ARRAY(0xab159dd4)

Red-Eared Sliders
Red-Eared Sliders by Phillipe De Vosjoli (Paperback - June 1 1997)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01