5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Steps to AMAIZING RESULTS
Magnificently simple approach to training for a triathlon or just staying in shape. A MUST HAVE!!!
Published on Oct. 10 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but used to be better
Published on Feb. 28 2003 by Adam Leigland

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but used to be better, Feb. 28 2003
Adam Leigland (Oakland, CA) - See all my reviews
I've been using the Inside Triathlon journal for 4 or 5 years, and have been pleased with it. The most recent edition, however, has a new format that I just don't like. The editors stuck goofy pictures at the top of each page, and took space away from the notes section. There is now hardly enough room to even describe my route, let alone describe the workout in any meaningful way. I am so disappointed that I doubt I'll buy this journal again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good diary, cannot write on flap!!, Oct. 26 2003
I am a new multi-sport athlete who LOVES to collect data. This diary is perfect; it doesn't provide tons of space for each day, which forces me to think about what I really want to include. My main complaint - it has an outside flap, on which you are to write your goals and objectives. I have tried many different pens and cannot get any to write on the foolish thing, so I have HALF of each of my goals and objectives on the flap and then they trail off to nothing. Less than motivational!

Besides that, though, the diary is very nice. I already have Friel's Triathlon Bible, though - without it, I would be pretty much lost. He DOES give brief explanations of how to plan a season in the diary, but not much more than that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Steps to AMAIZING RESULTS, Oct. 10 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars The right idea, June 14 2001
This review is from: Inside Triathlon Training Diary (Spiral-bound)
The training diary has all the right kind of sections for you to fill in - the only problem is there is not enough room - there should only be one page per day. Otherwise it serves the purpose if you want to discipline yourself and track your training progression/development.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware: it's not a book, June 11 2000
This review is from: Inside Triathlon Training Diary (Spiral-bound)
Although the trainning diary is an excelent tool in order to get a good tracking of your trainning season, and it's helpful for planning yor season, it's not a book.
You should better bought Friel's Trainning Bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars TRAINING TO BE A CHAMPION, July 19 1999
This review is from: Inside Triathlon Training Diary (Spiral-bound)
I USED THIS BOOK TO PREPARE FOR MY ASSULT ON THE H.IRONMAN IN 1998. IT GAVE ME ALOT OF STRENGTH AND ENDURANCE. I RECOMMEND THIS DIARY FROM A NOVICE TO A PROFESSIONAL LIKE MYSELF. GREG BENNETT

Inside Triathlon Training Diary
Inside Triathlon Training Diary by Joe Friel (Spiral-bound - Oct. 1 1997)
Used & New from: CDN$ 48.21