biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on June 19, 2014
Bought for father in law who doesn't use computers. This reference book has everything I would rather use smartphone but if you prefer print this book is for you. Every conversion you could think of.
on May 22, 2014
This book was great because it had everything you could need to know right now. It is a little bit thick but I guess I should expect that with a book this size.
on April 11, 2014
I love this little book. I actually left it out on the coffee table for a wee while when I first got it, only to have it disappear. Turns out the husband saw it and loved it too! Lots of useful and some not so useful little tidbits of information, but I learn something every time I pick it up so I count it for a win
on February 21, 2014
I HAVE HAD OLDER EDITIONS OF THIS PRODUCT--AND HAVE BEEN SO USEFUL--BUT THIS ONE IS JUST AMAZING-BEYOND THE INFORMATION THAT I THOUGHT IT WOULD CONTAIN--SO HELPFUL!
on November 18, 2013
I have used this refererence for years. I keeep buying them for new staff members. Invaluable resource. I keep on in my desk at home and at the office.
on September 14, 2013
I bought this for my son, who is taking Marine Engineering, he absolutely loved it. He saw his dad's and just needed one of his own! He of course was thrilled when it was a newer version. Very speedy delivery.
on August 25, 2013
In a world of smartphones this is probably not really a requirement to have, but I find I often flip it open and glance around at a couple things and think hmm, did not know that, or this may come in handy later.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon May 22, 2013
This is a must have for every inventors, carpenters, electricians, technicians, nurses, doctors or even workers at home, out there!

This 864 pages book covers almost every part of LIFE technical terms, data and is well categorized.

His size makes it an ideal companion in the car, while traveling, while hiking and is a MUST in the BOB (Bail-Out Bag).

For the price, you gotta have one!
on March 19, 2013
I bought this book for my contractor boyfriend who really knows a lot about everything and he has found this very useful. He keeps it in his work binder (because of its size it is very easy to tote around) and he always has an answer now (even more so than before). This is a great book but it has a lot of American content as opposed to Canadian - but still good.
on December 7, 2011
I bought my copy of the Pocket Ref after flipping through a friend's copy and thinking it seemed really useful. After buying my own copy and spending some time going through it though, I have to say I'm disappointed. It does cover an amazing amount of subjects, however I've found that the information given is often just a brief introduction on the subject and leaves out critical points that are not always obvious to someone not already knowing anything on the topic.

For example, the section on selecting a wire gauge seems straightforward enough, but it is not clear if the gauges listed are for single conductors in free air or if they are for household Romex cable. This makes a huge difference, and also is different depending on local electrical codes, but there is no mention of this in the book that I could find. I fear that someone could mistakenly use these values and build something unsafe and/or cause an accident or fire. This makes me nervous to use this book for any topic that I'm not already knowledgeable about, meaning it's basically useless to me.

The Pocket Ref is unfortunately more of a novelty miniature encyclopedia than anything else. I had bought it hoping I could use it in place of a copy of the Machinery's Handbook Machinery's Handbook 28th Edition Toolbox for basic jobs around the shop, but it honestly ended up being a waste of time and money. I ended up buying the Machinery's Handbook (which I highly recommend) and this little guide sits on the shelf collecting dust.