5.0 out of 5 stars Best self-help relationship book out there!
Published on July 14 2005 by bananafreak888

2.0 out of 5 stars not good at all
it was in really bad shape it looks like it was pulled from a flood....i can read it but not sure i want to touch it.
Published 14 months ago by Lynn Jackson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best self-help relationship book out there!, July 14 2005
bananafreak888 (Vancouver Canada) - See all my reviews
After my marriage suddenly ended I spent all my time in the self-help section of a major book store chain looking for the one book that would have the answers to help me get over the traumatic break up. I flipped through every book they had on the shelves. I went to through every section that was remotely related. 'Relationships', 'Self-help', 'Divorce' 'Loss', 'Grieving', 'Psychology', etc. I wanted to find that 'quick fix'.
After purchasing a few books that did really nothing for me, a friend recommended this book to me.
I wished that I had found this book earlier. This book is like a relationship bible. It has practical steps on how to get through the pain, talks about the different feelings that you will go through and coming through the other side into your new life just to name a few. There will be times when you read it and will totally identify with what's being said. This book contains many little 'gold nuggets' of information. Little gems of wisdowm sprinkled throughout the book.
This book was the best one out there that I found and it was very much worth the money. This is the only book that you will need. You won't be disappointed.
Have faith and trust that you will recover. I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding for the dumpees of the world, Sept. 29 2003
Paul Skinner (Manassas, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
This book gives excellent, practical advice for toiling through 19 stages of recovery in a divorce. Each chapter is unique, and gives homework for the person to work through topics like anger, loneliness, grieving, etc. I found the chapter on dumper/dumpee relationships (grief vs. guilt) and the chapter on love to be the most valuable. Fisher describes many types of love, and allows a confused person to sort out where they and their spouse actually stood with each other, both during and after a marriage. Unravelling confusion is important to anybody going through a divorce. I cannot more strongly recommend this book to anybody who has been dumped by their spouse. Buy it, keep it, and go back to it many times over the months you may be trying to "climb your mountain".

5.0 out of 5 stars An Anchor During the Storms of Heartbreak, May 29 2004
W. Foley (Canandaigua NY) - See all my reviews
Years ago, when my first marriage ended, a friend loaned me this book and I'm so grateful that he did. Well, I need it again. So I picked up another copy of this book. Divorce and separation is an excruciatingly painful experience. The author gives straight forward and practical advise on how to cope with this type of loss. When your heart is breaking and you feel as if you will drown in your grief, having this book will help anchor you when you might not be thinking very straight. The book "Rebuilding: When Your Relationship Ends," will not only comfort you, it will be your own personal guide to aid in the healing process and starting your life over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bless the authors for this!!, Feb. 18 2003
A close friend, a survivor of divorce, gave me this book when I started my divorce and I am thankful for that, as well as the authors. When I first read it, it felt as if someone is peering into my mind and picking my thoughts and feelings, it's almost unreal how the authors know EXACTLY what I feel and what help I need. The book is remarkably easy to read and understand but please do not be fooled. It's not as easy to do the exercises because it's A LOT of pain, but the exercises are really useful and totally essential. All you need is to be totally honest with yourself and how you feel. This is a wonderful companion to take on your journey in singlehood. You will survive singlehood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving yourself, March 31 2010
M. E. Soder (Saskatoon, Sk) - See all my reviews
This book was recommended by my counsellor after I separated from my spouse. The book is compelling because it identifies almost all of the typical emotions and feelings and thoughts one may have after a relationship ends and then suggests ways of coping or understanding them. It does promote a particular philosophy that one must rebuild one's self esteem; a kind of self love promotion before getting into a new relationship. It is good in this sense because it prepares one before you go back out into the jungle of love looking for your soul mate. Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rebuilding, Jan. 12 2010
This review is from: Rebuilding: When Your Relationship Ends (Paperback)
This is a very good book for those who just went through or are going through a divorce or separation. I'm not normally a person that reads self help books, as this is my first. I wish I needed self help on a different subject but alas this is my new road. I could not believe how often I read parts in it and said, 'crap that's exactly what I was thinking, and thats what has been going on in my house and with my soon to be ex- other half'. I was always a little leery on self help as I thought ' what kind of person needs this sort of thing'. Well, as I now grow older and hopefully wiser, I am the type of person that needs a book like this, just your average person trying to get through a tough situation. Every chapter does make my situation a little more bearable, and I am very glad to have opened up and read this book. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't recommend this book highly enough, Jan. 6 2010
PoCo (Vancouver, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rebuilding: When Your Relationship Ends (Paperback)
Whenever I know of someone who has separated from their spouse I immediately recommend this book. It is, in my opinion, essential reading. It lets us know that what we feel at such a time is completely NORMAL and that things do get better. It also reminds us that we have a LOT more freedom to rediscover ourselves than we ever imagined.

The book presents a series of 19 building blocks that most separated people progress through (starting with such nasties as Fear, Loneliness, Anger and even Guilt) leading all the way to Freedom. Not everyone progresses through the building blocks in the same sequence, nor in the same amount of time. Some people get stuck at some stages and, I think, this is the book's greatest strength. It reminds us that there are feelings we need to work through BEFORE we can really consider ourselves healed (or mostly healed). And we're really not very useful to ourselves (or our children) if we don't take the effort to start that healing. We deserve better. We deserve being all that we can be and progressing through those blocks will help you do so.

It is not an easy ready since it does make us really think but I have found the advice (after 3 years of being separated) is solid, practical and true .... sometimes in hindsight (as in ... "d'oh they were right").

5.0 out of 5 stars Valuable resource, July 19 2014
Nunavut (London, Ontario) - See all my reviews
I bought this book originally to help me through a relationship. I was surprised to find myself returning to it many times after I had passed that hurdle. It offers alot of insight into how we react as people, and it helped me grow and be mindful of negativity.

5.0 out of 5 stars A path to heal a broken heart, June 30 2014
Christine Eastgaard (Victoria, BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rebuilding: When Your Relationship Ends (Paperback)
The Rebuilding book and accompanying workbook are great tools to help people heal from separation and divorce. Fisher sets out a clear path of healing with practical steps along the way. Some of the topics he covers are grief, loss, friendships, anger and sexuality. This book is helpful to use on it's own but even more powerful in a Rebuilders workshop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rebuilding: When Your Relationship Ends., Oct. 28 2013
This review is from: Rebuilding: When Your Relationship Ends (Paperback)
My friend advised that book to me.
The book is helping me to recognize where I was stuck and that I can do something about it.
I would recomend this book to everyone who wants to move on from something that is hurting
him and would like to heal himself and his life.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Rebuilding: When Your Relationship Ends
Rebuilding: When Your Relationship Ends by Robert Alberti (Paperback - Nov. 1 1999)
CDN$ 19.26 CDN$ 14.40