5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for gluten free baking!
I love this book! Great for gluten free baking. Very detailed in explanations. Educational about baking bread as well. Good variety of recipes!
Published 2 months ago by Tiffany Zogheb

1.0 out of 5 stars Cleiac's beware - this book may not be for you!
I am a Celiac! My personal opinion is that this book is not for Celiac's. Almost every recipe in this book uses either bread flour or Spelt (a NO-NO for Celiac's).
Published on Aug. 7 2000 by Cheryl A DiBiase

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for gluten free baking!, April 13 2014
This review is from: Easy Breadmaking for Special Diets: Use Your Bread Machine, Food Processor, or Mixer to Make the Bread You Need Quickly and Easily (Paperback)

1.0 out of 5 stars Cleiac's beware - this book may not be for you!, Aug. 7 2000

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, Dec 30 2001
My mother is allergic to wheat and so am I, so this book is a godsend to us, as it means we can now eat sandwiches. However I live in Ireland so I found it difficult to get used to "cups" rather than pounds & ounces, but once I learnt one cup is 8 fluid ounces, I discovered it is actually an easier and more accurate measurement of ingredients than using weighing scales. I actully want to advise anybody from Ireland reading this - guar & Xanthan gum (essential for gluten-free bread recipes) is very difficult to purchase in Ireland and I had to purchase from Oregon, USA. The postage cost more than the products, and delivery took 10 weeks....

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, tasty recipes the whole family enjoys!, Aug. 18 1999
By A Customer
This book is well written with clear explanations of the complexities of baking with different ingredients. Probably not the best book for folks with gluten problems as many of the recipes contain some form of wheat, but it's great for those with dairy allergies or lactose intolerance. The recipes work well just as they are written so no experimenting is needed get good results or to make the results palatable to the rest of the family. We needed recipes without dairy, eggs, peanuts, soy, corn, and coconut. This book has been ideal for us. It's full of wonderfully easy recipes for everyday foods that everyone in the family likes! (There are also great special occasion recipes!) Good bread machine recipes for special diets are hard to find and should be treasured.

3.0 out of 5 stars excellent book but only 3 recipes for both gluten AND yeast-, May 28 1999
By A Customer
I was eager to receive this book becasue I must avoid ALL gluten and ALL yeast --the book has only three recipes that fit this description --not worth the price if you have to avoid both substances--otherwise it's great--good info on bread machines

5.0 out of 5 stars A God-send. Exactly what I was looking for., May 20 1998
Well-organized, wonderful recipes, especially for bread machines. I was looking for wheat-free bread machine recipes and this book is perfect. Been making some wonderful wheat-free breads in response to reading another Amazon.com book: Eat Right for Your Type, which teaches how to eat for your blood type. I've learned that both my husband and I should avoid wheat and we're already feeling much better. Thank you, Nicolette!