summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Home All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on February 27, 2001
I did find some information that was useful, but I did read some that are suggesting couples to be dishonest. I feel that could cause bigger problem on their very important day than paying out a few extra dollars. Like telling a reception hall that the event is a retirement party rather than a wedding to get a "better deal". There is a reason why the cost is different. There is more involved with a wedding than a retirement party.(if the author wrote a book on "how to plan a retirement party", it would be very thin) coordinators are there at your wedding making sure everything is going perfect when the couple does not even realize it. Who works with the MC when annoucing the bridal party to make sure the names are correct and in order? Who makes sure the first dance and the cake cutting ceremony is at the right time? Do I need to go on? these are things that the bride and groom don't have time to handle. This is handled by the coordinators of the reception hall. Please think through carefully before considering dishonesty as an option. If a reception site is very overpriced just don't have your reception there. There are a lot of nice sites with reasonable prices.
on January 5, 2001
I found the dress section to be incredibly helpful. I went to a very reputable and expensive full dress salon that carries gowns from $1500 to $8,000 (way out of my range) during a time when they were selling their sample gowns, and found a top designer gown off the rack for 50% off that fit me like a glove. Therefore my dress was already in house so I didnt have to worry about shipping, alterations were minimal, and done very professionally because the shop's reputation was so good. HOWEVER, I agree with the reviewer who said "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear:" if you're going to go to cheaper shops to get a cheaper items, don't be surprised at bad service! You do get what you pay for! i'm not saying that there aren't places that try to rip you off, but sometimes spending just a bit extra for a place with a better reputation saves you much aggrivation. I do find the book's tone to be paranoid and tacky at times, but am thankful to be made aware of possible scams.