Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
on June 16, 2000
Midnight at the Camposanto is, for a British reader, stunningly atmospheric. The other-worldness of the New Mexico setting are unforgettable. For me, the best value was in the sensitive portrayal of the strange mixture of Christianity and much older native religion which has to be unique to this part of the world. While placed firmly in the late 20th century, there is a timelessness in the power of this religion over the individuals in the story that really got under my skin as I read the book. A multi-layered novel - much more than a simple murder mystery. Excellent writing, and a very original voice.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2000
I am a reader of mysteries and thoroughly enjoyed this book. It's a beautiful blend of plots and subplots involving old religious rituals, murder, lawyers, investigators, minorities, romance, and friendships. It kept me guessing. The narrative is lively, yet elegant. I'll be giving the book as a gift to friends and relatives.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse