5.0 out of 5 stars Nurture Your Family with This Time Saver!
You know you're going to really enjoy reading a cookbook when it is kid approved! One after another, I read recipes that were things any kid would really eat - the author sure knows her audience.
Published on March 6 2000 by D. Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Ideas-Not Very Quick
I was somewhat disappointed that many of the recipes took well over 45 minutes. My definition of 'QUICK' is 30 minutes or less. On a positive note, my entire family loved the Cheeseburger Bake on page 121.
Published on Feb. 6 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Nurture Your Family with This Time Saver!, March 6 2000
D. Williams (Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus (Paperback)
A "no brainer" for those who hate to plan meals, 365 Dinner Menus is a breath of fresh air. Full of seasonal tips and facts for each day, this is really three books in one: a cookbook, activity book, and planning calendar for your family.
365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus is easy to read, well organized, and incorporates activities to nurture your family, not just feed them. A real time-saver.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as great as I expected, but still a good resource, March 8 2000
D. Phillips (Illinois) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus (Paperback)
After all the great reviews, I was a little disappointed in this book for a couple of reasons: 1) the number of recipes that rely on canned "cream of" soups as a major ingredient, 2)the number of recipes that rely on Cheez Whiz as a major ingredient and 3)a good number of the recipes require a bit more time than I expected (for example, the Chicken Fried Steak takes 2 hours to bake). That said, I still think this is a great resource if (like me) you are just plain out of ideas for varying your dinner menus. I have noted several recipes I plan to try and think I will be referring to this book often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first cookbook for granddaughter!, July 10 2013
This review is from: 365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus (Paperback)
I like this book for it's simple recipies, the ingredients would be in most pantrys. It is a very kid friendly book for preteens to start learning to cook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Busy Professionals, Feb. 12 2000
Pat Skinner (Tipton, Indiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus (Paperback)
As a bi-vocational pastor, my time to cook is rather limited by the time constraints of my jobs. What is best about this book is the recipes are simple enough for my 12 year old son to prepare and it helps our planning trips to the grocery store with affordable food items. Busy people should put this book on their Mother's Day shopping list, their school graduates shopping list, their birthday and Christmas lists. Guaranteed smiles at the dinner table.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing for a busy mom, Feb. 10 2000
This review is from: 365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus (Paperback)
This book reminded me of some wonderful recipies my mom fixed for us while I was growing up. I also learned some new ones. My family loves the meals I fix from this book! My husband keeps telling me I have outdone myself. Thank you Penny for making a dreaded task so much easier & enjoyable! This book also provides recipies that I have been able to use with the book DINNERS IN THE FREEZER! If you are a busy mom buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, Aug. 9 2003
This review is from: 365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus (Paperback)
Just purchased this cookbook but have discovered many old-time family favorite recipes such as Dirt Cake (kids love the Gummy Worms!) or Pistachio Cake. Seems to have lots of tasty recipes which can be quickly made. Some of the recipes would be more useful for Sunday dinner, because they require little prep time but indeed need an extended cooking time. Can't wait to try out more the recipes and read the timely cooking hints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Retired Military Food Supervisor Recommendation !, Feb. 10 2000
john belzer (Crestview, Flordia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus (Paperback)
365 Quick,Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus is a book that should be in every food preparation area. To include commercial preparation areas. The recipes are consistantly well though out for the preparer in mind. This book is delightful, fun to read, packed with family favorites. As I've tried several recipes they are easily to prepare and very tasty. Ideas are great and handy to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jam-Packed With Wonderful Ideas!, March 4 2000
This review is from: 365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus (Paperback)
Not only is Stone's book filled with easy and economical recipes, but it's also loaded with ideas for fun family activities! "Kid Breaks" (Peanut Butter Claydough, Make Your Own Valentines, Creative Quality Time, etc.), Cookies of the Month, Quick Tips, Food for Thought, and more, make this cookbook truly delightful and unique!

5.0 out of 5 stars Busy Mom's Look Here For Help!, Feb. 16 2000
This review is from: 365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus (Paperback)
365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus is well organized, the recipes are easily followed and the ingredients really do fit anyones budget. It truly lives up to its name. For those of us who are busy Moms, there are even great ideas for the kids. You won't regret buying this for yourself or as a gift for a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Home cooking made easy, and so much more!, March 14 2000
This review is from: 365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus (Paperback)
This cookbook is so easy to follow and the recipes take no extra buying to make.I do like the fact of the baking ideas at the end of each chapter. My kids like to make the cookies, and we all enjoy the outcome of each recipe.I do highly recommend this book for young and old.

365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus
365 Quick, Easy & Inexpensive Dinner Menus by Penny E Stone (Paperback - Dec 1 1999)
Used & New from: CDN$ 2.43