Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store NFL Tools

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(4 star)show all reviews
on April 28, 2009
*NOTE* My name is Courtney, and I am on my husband's account, as we order from Amazon on this one and not mine. Amazon does not allow me to post reviews on my account due to the fact I have not ordered a product on it.

'Created to Be His Help Meet' is truly one of the best books for wives that I have ever read. I use it as one of my daily devotionals, and I would highly recommend it to anyone, but especially to young wives like me. It's great to get a good start on your marriage instead of waiting till it's nearly over to try to work on it.
-The book has it's priorities in the right order: instead of saying to submit, obey, keep the house clean, etc. in the beginning of the book Mrs. Pearl deals with the matter of the heart and the spirit. She covers major topics about joy, thankfulness, and contentment. I find this is a wise approach, for if my attitude is right, I am much more receptive to teaching.
-Mrs. Pearl uses commonly known scriptures that speak directly to women such as Proverbs 31, Titus 2, and 1 Peter 3, as well as resorting to God's divine plan in Genesis 1. She covers the attributes that the character of a help meet ought to show, taken directly from these scriptures. Many teachings she clarifies, and her writing is on a personal level: easy to understand.
-At the end of each Chapter, Mrs. Pearl has a devotional review which I found quite useful. In these reviews she gives ideas and scripture challenges. I found her advice genuinely kind and well-meaning, as she also talks about men and the way they perceive our actions/reactions, the way they feel when we think we are 'helping', opening my eyes to how most arguments start. This book is a great asset to any help meet's library.
-That said, I would have to give a word of warning. As many have pointed out, Mrs. Pearl does resort to name-calling which I see as a drawback on what she was trying to teach. Some of her letters come across as rude, but instead of criticizing her, I would rather give her the benefit of the doubt. Many people have different personalities; some people are blunt, some people are sensitive. Many times people who speak their mind cross the line between blunt and rude, but not intentionally. However, I don't believe it truly is my place to "correct" if you will, this dear lady, as she is older than me, and I believe she has a lot of wisdom to offer. People need to look past their opinions and find the teaching that can truly benefit a marriage.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again