5.0 out of 5 stars Sailor Moon Eternal Sleep

3.0 out of 5 stars the end of Jedite
Published on May 10 2003 by SoraAMy

3.0 out of 5 stars the end of Jedite, May 10 2003
This review is from: Eternal Sleep (Paperback)
Oh my! Jedite has failed Queen Beryl too much and she's mad! And he's gonna be replaced by... Neflyte! Anyway, this is the only book I'll probably ever read from the adaptations of the popular animated series "Sailor Moon", so I might as well say why. For one thing, a lot of the stuff was added or taken from the episodes that it's sickening. Why?? It makes no sense. Though some of the dialogue was kept (<smiles>), I was disappointed that it wasn't completely faithful to the already badly translated series. I'm not condemning the "Sailor Moon" dub or this book; it's just that the originals (animé and manga) are better. But since most of us haven't heard of the original (or know of such a thing), it's better to stick with the television series.
Besides the stuff concerning the fact that this is SM material, it is a great read. You don't have to be a fan of SM to bear it, but the occasional "In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you" opening quotes can get annoying. Unless you cannot stand these ditzy, "girlish" girls (borrowed from my "I-don't-like-Sailor Moon-because-it's-too-girlish" friend), give this short read a chance. Great for maybe an eight-year-old girl (or guy who happens to like the series), or to complete an SM English dub collection.

1.0 out of 5 stars Snore Fest '00, May 15 2000
Aaron Merkel (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eternal Sleep (Paperback)
I find these smile books to be extremely boring. What upsets me the most is the Amercanization of the story. Why play around with an already excellent story? References to calvin kline and other things is like making a joke of Sailor Moon. I wish they would stick with the original script for the episodes and not invent new people and situations that don't affect the story. Alot of the emotion is dumbed down in these stories. Some attacks are the original Japanese ones while others are the DIC version. Why is it so hard to get it right? I wonder what they will do when they reach the later episodes and try to invent new people's names and places and clothing brands. I would definitely stick with the English Manga version of Sailor Moon than the poorly adapted Smile version. I only gave one star because otherwise this review form woudln't work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sailor Moon Eternal Sleep, Jan. 28 2001
This review is from: Eternal Sleep (Paperback)
In Eternal Sleep the Scouts go face to face with Jedite. Who will win? Will it be Sailor Moon or will it be Jedite? Some mysterious and cute guy named Maxfield Stanton shows up and the tennis player Katie and the owner of the park Mr. Baxter both get attacked by a monster. How could the Negaverse regroup so fast? The Scouts thought that Jedite was gone. Was he still out there? Find out what happens. Join Serena in her fifth novel, Eternal Sleep, based on the international blockbuster hit TV show, for more Action Adventure Romance Comedy and Fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kudos to Lianne Sentar, June 9 2000
Caitlin Kibbey (USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eternal Sleep (Paperback)
I have read many of Lianne Sentar's renowned fanfics and I haveto say that I looked forward to reading some of her published works. It is very rare that someone can "get a start" and other libraries, but she did. While the concepts of the book were kind of messed up, using some Japanese aspects and some English aspects. The overall content was pretty good. Congrats on your new job, Ms. Sentar and keep up the good work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sailor Moon Eternal Sleep review, March 25 2000
This review is from: Eternal Sleep (Paperback)
This book was so touching and real good in other ways of the battle. The characters seemed to come alive as I read. This book has so much that it is hard to explain what I mean. The way to know what I mean is if you have read it yourself. No one could write a better book. I don't know that for sure though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eternal Sleep, June 18 2000
This review is from: Eternal Sleep (Paperback)
This book is a great book.I gave it five stars because it is very well written, it makes get excited on whats going to happen next.So you want to finish reading it.I finished this book in two days.It is the very first book that I have of this series.I just heard about it when I got the Sailor Moon S movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Match Point for Sailor Moon, April 14 2000
This review is from: Eternal Sleep (Paperback)
Sorry about the pune, but it fits so well. It took five books but they finally got a winning combination. Less annoying advertisments and more entertainment. This book is the best one in this series, so far. I hope the next one keeps up the good work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sailor Moon stars!, March 26 2000
This review is from: Eternal Sleep (Paperback)
I just wanna say that i love Sailor Moon, and i loved this book. I will not ruin it for u by telling u much but it had me in suspense the whole time!

4.0 out of 5 stars My Review For Salior Moon, March 25 2000
This review is from: Eternal Sleep (Paperback)
The book was quite intriging but, if you like the new sereies this book isn't for you.If you like Queen Beryl this book is totally for you.

Eternal Sleep
Eternal Sleep by Naoko Takeuchi (Paperback - Jan. 2003)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01