Most helpful positive review
The wheels of justice grind slowly, but inexorably
on October 13, 2003
This book connects the dots between the files in the Soviet archives and the history of the American Communist subversion of the political and economic systems of the United States. The title of this book begs the question as to why the continuum of the state of denial, the one espoused by adherents of Communism - that cruel and inhumane system of repression - still exists in America today?
A part of the answer can be found in that segment of the human condition requiring refusal to acknowledge new facts into an old theory. The reason? - Man's reluctance to change his worldview and the way he fits within it. Seeing yourself differently spells crisis at any age. The re-arranging of ones' assumption model, the one which issues forth expectations based upon a set of assumptions that one adheres to, dubious or otherwise, creates a crisis which often leads to a series of agonizing self reappraisals; a daunting prospect. Thus, it's much easier to cling to an old theory, particularly when it leads to the euphoria of self rightiousness, a condition of unbounded virtue; and, this is one of the essential lures that makes the Communist "faith" so seductive. So, they care for the oppressed, and if you're not with them, then you don't.
Communism differs from religion only in the sense that it promises a utopia here on earth as opposed to one in the after-life. Eric Hoffer's, "the true Believer" speaks to this message rather well.
In the final analysis it matters not what one scored on his SAT's or whether he made the Dean's list, it's only his capacity for self deception which governs the extent to which he will blinker himself. This also holds true for women, perhaps even more so. I believe the geneticists will uncover a lobe in the brain for judgement, the ability to make proportionate, balanced decisions all day long without emotional overlap. I also believe that fewer than 15% of people have this inborne capability. Anecdotally, that's roughly the same number who are the swing votes in political elections. They can change their minds without shortcircuiting emotionally. The other 85% have more difficulty.
Just as technlogy has always changed the balance of power throughout the course of human history, the micro chip, by fueling the telecommunications boom, has allowed more people to get more information, more quickly, than at any time in human history. "Information" helped implode the Soviet Union and it will in like form expose the Communist, academic revisionists in America for all to see. It's happening now in video media, in Hollywood, in book publishing, in universities, and in the labor movement. It's happening to the radical Leftist leaders of N.O.W. and to those who use the environmental movement to mask their Leftist intentions. Society is changing all around us. To see it requires a knowledge of history and some helicopter perspective. It's a beautiful thing for those of us who continue the quest for human freedom and individual liberty for all.
This book is just one more piece of evidence which bit by bit exposes the Pharassic scandals of those on the Left who continue "in denial". It should be recommended reading for all, particularly college age students, it's that important!