1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive, but needs updating, July 24 2010
This review is from: Frommer's Ottawa with Kids (Paperback)
We needed to take our grandaughter to Ottawa for Canada Day and I spotted this after a Google search. Because I visit Ottawa often on business trips, I know the city well, but the previous visits with grandchildren had been with three boys and we needed fresh ideas for a girl of 10. This is comprehensive listing of places and things to do, but it is now becoming dated. Phone numbers are often wrong. For example, the tour of haunted Ottawa (which is wildly popular - apprently dead politicians keep hanging around in the afterlife!) listed a phone number that was no longer connected. We assuumed that this attraction was no more, and then bumped into the kiosk on the street. The book did identify attractions of which I was unaware such as the RCMP stables and the Canadian Agricultural Museum (which is brilliant for kids that love animals). Some of the recommended restaurants are no more and we found this part not useful. So this is a good guide to possibilities, but then use directory assistance and the web to get current information.

Frommer's Ottawa with Kids
Frommer's Ottawa with Kids by Louise Dearden (Paperback - Sept. 20 2001)
Used & New from: CDN$ 2.09