5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably awesome book!!!, Oct. 23 2003
zarhasflower (Saskatchewan Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: North to Cree Lake: The Rugged Lives of the Trappers Who Leave Civilization Behind (Paperback)
I LOVED THIS BOOK,it was one of the few that I got upset over because it ended. I could of kept reading and found myself wanting more. Luckily he has another book that I will get my hands on. Being a Saskatchewan resident, I was familiar with alot of the lakes and towns that he lived and traveled. (Camping at several of the lakes he mentioned)
I enjoyed his writing style, decriptions and stories, which take place in the far north during the 1930's. I loved the fact that he went off memory and when he remembered no more about a paticular experiance, he moved on to the next memory. He just told it like it was. I felt like I could see everything through his eyes, feel the cold they endured, and the "pin drop" quiet of the north. I would highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars north to cree lake, May 1 2011
If you like true stories and are a fan of adventure tales of the north, ie Jack london etc. you will love this book, and Art Karras' other two works as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Jan. 9 2014
This man and his brother are true pioneer's, they did what it took to make a living. Very hard working, nothing was taken for granted, whatever they had , they worked for

5.0 out of 5 stars NORTH TO CREE LAKE, Jan. 22 2008