biss boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

on October 23, 2003
I LOVED THIS BOOK,it was one of the few that I got upset over because it ended. I could of kept reading and found myself wanting more. Luckily he has another book that I will get my hands on. Being a Saskatchewan resident, I was familiar with alot of the lakes and towns that he lived and traveled. (Camping at several of the lakes he mentioned)
I enjoyed his writing style, decriptions and stories, which take place in the far north during the 1930's. I loved the fact that he went off memory and when he remembered no more about a paticular experiance, he moved on to the next memory. He just told it like it was. I felt like I could see everything through his eyes, feel the cold they endured, and the "pin drop" quiet of the north. I would highly recommend this book!
on May 1, 2011
If you like true stories and are a fan of adventure tales of the north, ie Jack london etc. you will love this book, and Art Karras' other two works as well.
on January 9, 2014
This man and his brother are true pioneer's, they did what it took to make a living. Very hard working, nothing was taken for granted, whatever they had , they worked for
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2015
Great book, straight forward and to the point story telling of the hard life of living in the north.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse