5.0 out of 5 stars dynamite
one of the best financial investment advisories I have
read in a long time with a very timely philosophical approach to personal
investing expressed in simple clear language friendly to the reader.
I still use it for referencc when I need to get some relief from derivatives, options and mortgages etc
Published on Feb. 17 2009 by Jack Barnes

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay I can't trust the financial industry but know what?
Good book that points out the problems with the financial industry, but I'm no further ahead after reading the book. Now I know that I can't trust my financial adviser, but I don't have any specifics on what I do now. More confused that ever....
Published 15 months ago by Greg Nelson

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay I can't trust the financial industry but know what?, April 18 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont bother, Dec 29 2012
This review is from: Juggling Dynamite: An Insider's Wisdom on Money Management, Markets, and Wealth That Lasts (Paperback)
I found this book to be simply cut and paste of information. If you are new to the markets then read this book but if you have some knowledge then dont waste your time. There are alot of better books out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars dynamite, Feb. 17 2009
Jack Barnes (toronto canada) - See all my reviews
one of the best financial investment advisories I have
read in a long time with a very timely philosophical approach to personal
investing expressed in simple clear language friendly to the reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Different angle thinking, May 21 2010
F. Villeneuve (Canada, Victoria) - See all my reviews
It refreshing take on the investment industry as a whole. The book well explains that average people with average investment horizons of 20 years can not be too optimistic and look at hundred year averages of stuff always going up in the long run. We do not have 100 year so their might be a time to be in the market and a time to be out of the market. There are often long down cycles to those 100 year averages and should your lifetime be during one of those, then you need to think differently. The buy and hold strategy is always good for the people making commissions only if you are in. The issue is to start thinking for yourself when you should actually be out for a while for your own good. Finding anyone honest enough to explain that being out is the only strategy in during certain period is a rare gem. Read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Investors and "Financial Advisors"., June 27 2009
T. Mag - See all my reviews
My experience with a number of financial advisors has been relatively poor. I was looking for advice on what the key points to look out for in investing are. It was clear to me that the bulk of financial advisors were either not able or not willing to make these points, but, rather concentrate on advice that was geared to maximizing their fees.

Danielle Park's book confirmed many of the thoughts that occurred to me over time. For example, I frequently discussed fund fees with my advisors, just to be told that with a good fund manager, this was easily recouped.
Yet, it is pointed out in many books and articles on investing to keep investment fees low (< 1 %). Danielle Park does, among other good pointers as to what to avoid. It confirmed for me that by far most mutual fund fees, for example, are much too expensive to make mutual funds an attractive way to invest, at least in Canada. I found the book very helpful in deciding what investment approach to take in the future.
Ted Mag

5.0 out of 5 stars Juggling Dynamite, May 9 2007
I loved this book. Danielle calls out the wealth managment industry with facts and logic. A must read for anyone who wants a fresh perspective on where your management fees go

5.0 out of 5 stars Juggling Dynamite, March 30 2009
This book was very easy to read ,with understandable illustrations of the issues and points being made.The author brougt in personal experiences which added credibility to the text and graphs.

CDN$ 21.95 CDN$ 15.85