march boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

on May 28, 2009
I've been an avid touring cyclist for years and I've accumulated over a dozen books on touring Europe. My interest in Cycling Southern France was due to an upcoming tour with my wife in another year. What impressed me about the book was the maps (Michelin Mapping 1:200,00) with great detail on touring routes that are for use by bicycles only. I previosly picked up IGN maps for France (1:100,000) which the author also recommends to supplement his book for area rides. I liked the coil binding which lays flat and would easily fit inside the plastic liner of a front touring bag. A 'Don't Miss' and Route Info' give details on each of the 11 cycling regions covered in France. Of interest to me, for example, was a cycle route from St-Nazaire on the Atlantic to the Rhine River. Lots of photos showing landscapes of each area, and plenty of info about use of transporting bikes by train to various areas of France you may want to tour. All in all, a very impressive book, and a must buy for anyone wanting to cycle France.
on September 28, 2011
Good information; Detailed maps with suggested pathways; Descriptors providing relevant web sites where one can obtain further knowledge of certain areas of interest. Overall, I do recommend tis book.