countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

on July 24, 2015
This is one of the most useful guidebooks I have ever purchased. It was great for my trek (and kept me occupied in our down time) and was a useful guide for my 3 month stay in Moshi. If you are planning to climb Kilimanjaro this book is a must-have!
on October 27, 2010
I just got back from climbing Kilimanjaro with a group booked through Henry Stedman and his website. I had purchased the book as soon as I made the decision to go as I wasn't sure what my impulsiveness had gotten me into!. It is full of accurate descriptions of what to take, expect along the way, how and when to tip the porters (which is a huge stressor) and many other good tips. Unlike the other reviewer who found his style a bit flippant, I enjoyed Mr. Stedman's sense of humour and laughed out loud at some of his comments. Do make sure you get the latest edition of the book - there are some updates. I also purchased the dvd "Kilimanjaro: the Roof of Africa" (sorry, Amazon, on ebay) to get a visual perspective. Some in my trekking group found it "dull"; some enjoyed it. But everyone liked the book.
on March 13, 2012
I wasn't sure what to expect with this book but I am trying to prepare for the Kilimanjaro trip. This book is great in giving honest information about how it will be. It was recommended by a friend and I would recommend it to others.
on November 26, 2012
Detailed information on everything from tour companies, to different routes, to ethics and the environment, to gear, to historical and cultural information. Told with humour and personal experiences.
on July 19, 2016
Well written with a wealth of information!