5.0 out of 5 stars Carter and Curtis do it again - maybe best of all!!, Aug. 10 2003
P. Heaphy (West Haven, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Designs For Living And Learning (Paperback)
This book is worth every penny for early childhood programs who are interested in creating nurturing spaces for children to flourish. Even the look of the book makes you want to savor it - hundreds of color photographs on glossy pages that invite you to browse before even reading the text.
This is not a curriculum book per se, although it certainly offers ideas and suggestions for activities, such as expanding the small block materials with drift wood, smooth stones, and other found materials. It is more about creating an aesthetically pleasing environment in which children can learn and grow AND be comfortable space for children, teachers, and parents alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!, Nov. 17 2003
Michelle Lewis (Portland, Oregon USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Designs For Living And Learning (Paperback)
I LOVE this book. This is best book I've found when it comes to beautiful, illustrative pictures of children's learning environments. If you want to create a place that invites children with natural materials, this is the perfect book to inspire you. Leave commercialism and plastic toys behind...you can do it! I love this book. Did I already say that? I'd buy two if they were cheaper!

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative, Economical Ideas, July 19 2004
Ellen (Duluth, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Designs For Living And Learning (Paperback)
I'm just a stay at home mom but the centers/daycares in this book look so great I wish I could send my kids! I am inspired to start my own family childcare using these ideas, they are really helpful and right on target. Creative and economical ideas, this book is not a waste of money. Many many photographs, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars yay, Sept. 19 2013
This review is from: Designs For Living And Learning (Paperback)
The book store at my school was out and you got it to me ASAP Made my day thanks :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Ideas!, May 1 2010
This review is from: Designs For Living And Learning (Paperback)
This book has tons of wonderful ideas and great pictures! I haven't even READ it yet...just flipped through the pics and I love it! I can't wait to start some of these things in my own daycare!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, Oct. 1 2008
S. Manicom "ECE" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Designs For Living And Learning (Paperback)
I loved this book! I work in a daycare and Have used many ideas from this book, I am always looking back and reading back in the book often, there are so many good ideas for the childcare enviroment, you will not waste your money buying this book it will enrich your life and the life of the children you care for!

4.0 out of 5 stars Rethinking the Learning Environment, Dec 19 2012
This review is from: Designs For Living And Learning (Paperback)
A great resource for teachers who are looking to use the learning space as a third teacher for students to engage in meaningful learning opportunities. It highlights the importance of creating a space in which all learners can excel. This book offers suggestions to educators to build the environment together with students so that the space becomes their own. It helps teachers to rethink how the classroom ca best support the learning process.

Designs For Living And Learning
Designs For Living And Learning by DEB CURTIS/MARGIE CARTER (Paperback - May 1 2003)
CDN$ 51.95 CDN$ 32.73