5.0 out of 5 stars Boyfriend loves it!
I just gave this to my boyfriend, after reading the first few pages he said it was great! The way it is written and illustrated it makes it easy for him to read. He never reads book so this was great! It is written in a way that is funny and cute and fun to read.
Published on July 17 2012 by Heart4love

2.0 out of 5 stars Very gimmicky
This book would make for a nice "joke present" for a baby shower, but it should not be considered a true baby reference book. It's simply too superficial and gimmicky. Think of it as "baby book lite."
Published on June 14 2003

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift Idea, July 19 2013
This review is from: The Baby Owner's Manual: Operating Instructions, Trouble-Shooting Tips & Advice on First-Year Maintenance (Paperback)
I added this to a gift basket I made for a baby shower. I flipped through it and it had it's funny parts, definitely what parents need to do more...laugh! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Boyfriend loves it!, July 17 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative and amusing, March 19 2012
I bought the book mostly as a joke because my husband and I are both geeks. The information given in the book is written in a simple and easy to understand manner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a satire!, Jan. 30 2004
Kyle Maxwell (Irving, TX) - See all my reviews
The book reads a bit satirically -- think of your standard baby care book but written like a VCR manual. But it's actually useful information; we had our first child born recently, and it's been really useful to us. I've ended up buying copies for friends, too. Once you figure out a few of the slightly less obvious "terms" (like "service provider" for "doctor"), it's easy to read and avoids a lot of the editorializing and "my baby was this way" found in similar books. Worth the time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very gimmicky, June 14 2003
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars BSOD? No problem!, June 23 2003
By A Customer
This book is both entertaining and useful. I'm not one for reading baby books, so this was right down my alley. It helps that I work with computers daily, so the humor is really spot-on for me. I enjoy picking this book up, and it has some good pointers for me, a-soon-to-be-daddy with no previous training. I'm already preparing myself for the various "Sleep Modes."

4.0 out of 5 stars Really funny and informative, March 19 2011
Michelle Ruston (Sarnia, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my husband kind of as a joke, but it turns out the book really has a lot of information! It's also written in a very humorous way which makes it easy to read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Who said babies don't come with manuels never found this book!!!, Jan. 1 2010
Braedon S. Robb "Reverend" (Ed, AB, CAN) - See all my reviews
This book is THEE manuel for new babies! All new parents should get this book when they are expecting their first baby!

5.0 out of 5 stars everything you need to know about baby at your fingertips, Sept. 25 2009
Rhian Walker "baby mama" (vancouver BC) - See all my reviews
tired of the encyclopedic tomes of baby books that frankly, once the sleep deprivation hits, you won't recall? This short and sweet book is perfect for immediate parenting. Practical, witty and easy to use, you can learn to swaddle your baby, get your feeding kick-started and baby-proof your home for an active toddler, all without the extra text. Great for mums and dads who just want to get going and have a refresher.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for all new parents (especially for Dads), June 17 2004
This is one of the most concise and amusing books I have ever owned. The information is incredibly useful and easy to understand. My husband is a "car guy" so finally here's a book about child care that he can relate to! This is a MUST HAVE for any new parent.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›